• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 15

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have finished a hour long video and now I am ready to burn to a DVD to be able to watch on TV.  I have burned several times and it will play fine on my computer after burning, but will not play on my DVD player.  I have tried several players and its not the players.  What am I doing wrong?

I go to Export and share and hit disc.  A message pops up that states "some of the menus items are overlapping! Please move or resize them.  I just close that box, and moved on.  I don't know if that would affect the burn or not.  I click on SD 576, the largest resolution and click on disc, not IOS image and then burn.

So, where am I going wrong?  It won't play on my player?  HELP!!!!!

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from Encore to Premiere Elements... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Thank you for all your help.  I removed the Menu overlap and burned on SD 480 instead of the higher resolution and it worked on my TV.  I still can't understand why we can't burn at a higher resolution though.

I am just tired of fooling with this.  But I appreciate all your help in this matter to understand why this was happening.

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overlapping menu markers won't affect your DVD burn.

However, if you're choosing the 720x576 DVD burn, you are creating a PAL, not an NTSC DVD disc -- which will only play on European DVD players.

Are you located in Europe? If not, you should be using 720x480.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The overlapping in this case our menu items, not markers on a timeline. This must be fixed, as Ann says.

Are you working in elements or encore? When you preview the menu in Encore it will show red rectangles where you have overlapping items.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements has the same red boxes for overlapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Elements.  When you say "overlapping"  Can you explain?  They only overlapping that I believe I am doing is my music. I am running the together at the end.  Is this creating the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Overlapping means the buttons in the menu overlap.

overlapping.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVd players are more picky, if the menu is not correct....

Fix the overlapping and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You still need to tell us if you live in Europe or North America. That is the BIGGEST issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry-USA

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then you should not choose a PAL(European) setting but a NTSC (USA) setting which is SD 480.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2017 Dec 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ann is right. That alone would explain why your DVD won't play in your DVD player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One more question.  After I burned this DVD like I did.  It will play on my computer, but not on the TV.  Is this still the same reason bc of the overlapping? 

Its really weid.  I owned Elements 13, and never had this problem with overlapping. I could burn a dvd and play it on the TV just like this. But with 15, it won't let me.  I've have done this many times and I'm an dumb founded by this.

It plays perfectly find on the computer with the overlapping. But not on the TV.Thanks for all your help.

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As said before, dvd players can be picky.

A computer uses software to play the dvd.

A tv uses most of the time a standalone dvd player, not quite the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all your help.  I removed the Menu overlap and burned on SD 480 instead of the higher resolution and it worked on my TV.  I still can't understand why we can't burn at a higher resolution though.

I am just tired of fooling with this.  But I appreciate all your help in this matter to understand why this was happening.

Annie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you burn a PAL DVD, it will play on your computer but not on your NTSC disc player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FWIW, 720x576 is not really higher resolution than 720x480. It's just a different TV system. All DVDs are pretty much the same resolution.

If you want a higher resolution disc, you need to burn a BluRay rather than a DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines