• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2018 - What is realistic Export & Upload time?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 05, 2019 Mar 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apologies in advance if this is a duplicate thread.  Here is my issue....Exporting and Upload time appears to be very long.

I am using an updated computer (PC), above average internet speed, yet the time to export my video as well as upload to YouTube/Vimeo appears to take three times the time compared to my previous video software (NERO).

The file is just .98GB or less than 1 and runs about 23 minutes.

Perhaps the time is normal, however any help/suggestions would be appreciated........otherwise, as much as I love the flexibility and features of Adobe Premier Elements, the time spent to export and upload is a deal killer.  For me, it is more important to save time versus using a program that has more features.

Thanks.

[duplicate thread deleted by mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export your file to a mp4 and see how long it takes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Ann for response.  Yes, it is set to mp4 by default.  Do you have any idea of how long the file I referenced should take to upload????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, that is for you to test.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Ann.  Does anybody else have any suggestions to my initial posting????  I simply want to know what is the normal time to Export and Upload??

File type - mp4

Length - .98GB or 22 minutes

Time to upload to YouTube/Vimeo - 4 to 5 hours

When I did the export and upload (or you can say TEST), the times seemed much longer than I expected.  That is why I am reaching out to get feedback from others who have done the same and compare their time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The time taken to upload to an Internet server (e.g. Vimeo / YouTube) is dependent upon the upload speed available from your provider.  So its a bit like asking "how long is a piece of string".

As has been recommended many times on various threads its best to first export your video to an .mp4 file and then use the YouTube / Vimeo web interface to do the uploading in a separate step.  That is what I do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Hotelechromike - so......from YOUR experience...assuming you have a better than average internet speed, updated computer, how long has it taken to upload an .mp4 file (.98gb/22 minutes)???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Use this to find out your upload and download speed:

Speedtest by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On my i7, SSD computer it takes about an hour to output a 20 minute 4K project with few effects or adjustments to an MP4.  Depending on your computer and project it could take a lot longer.   Or maybe less!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK thanks Whsprague - that gives me a benchmark.......so I will give it another shot except I will pay attention to make sure the proper protocols are checked to insure a quicker upload.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines