• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 freezes in playback of an MP4 file

New Here ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new Elements 2020 in a new computer (16GB RAM) and Windows 10. I imported a 3GB 50 minute MP4 video I created with my old computer running Elements 14.  The video runs perfectly in my old computer when "added" to an Elements 14 track for further editing (add sound track etc). However, in my new Elements 2020, when I add it to a new empty project, the video runs for about 10 seconds and freezes. It restarts when I click on the "play" toggle, but freezes again after 10 seconds or so.  Any solution?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you have a new and current version, you qualify for online chat sessions for troubleshooting.   Adobe staff can remotely run your computer and find the issue.   Start a session here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/support.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. The Adobe contact will be useful --- hopefully. In the meantime I'm trying to zero in on the specific problem. Initially I wanted to combine into a movie a dozen MP4 videos that I had made and recorded on my Elements 14 - one for each day of an overseas vacation. Total about 50 minutes. My brand new Elements 2020 on a brand new gaming computer couldn't cope with it. Everything I tried had the track highly compressed - simply so I could see everything on the track. I always worked that way on Elements 14 with no problem. But on the 2020, the playback, rendering  or recording froze after 10 seconds of handling the comressed data. 

Then the light went on.   I tried playing, and then recording, a few short clips stretched out as far as possible along the track. I could barely see 2 minutes of data on the width of the screen. But it worked! No freezing - and three times as fast as my Elements 14. I then recorded my 50 minute movie in less than 20 minutes.

In practise, I no longer have a problem. My workaround is to never compress the data on the track. But why is my brand new kit not as functional as my elements 14 on an old computer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am guessing.  I don't know anything about your computer, project settings or source video.   The guess is that, considering the size of your project, you computer was busy generating the preview files you see during editing.   Once you gave it enough time, playback was smoother. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines