Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 - Narration Audio records to only one channel

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.

Using an external mic through an audio interface (Studio 24c), I get recording to one channel only. (Switching channels on the interface records to the other channel).

Using the built-in laptop mic records to both channels.

Using the external mic with other software (Garage Band, iMovie) records to both channels.

(Using MacOS Catalina).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Howard

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Audio Effects is a choice to copy the right channel to the left or left to right.  Look for "Fill Left With Right" and "Fill Right With Left".  Both channels will then match.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, whsprague, for that response.  I understand that is a work-around after the recording, however its puzzling why I cannot record to both channels in the first place, especially when it appears there is no problem with that with other software.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the nature of recording with a monaural microphone, wardy You only record to the left channel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Steve.  Yes I understand that concept, however other software - e.g. GarageBand - will allow the routing of a single mic input to both output channels.  I'm surprised that facility is not available in PE.  The workaround is a bit of a pain but certainly works.

Cheers

Howard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's what the effect Bill describes does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines