• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2020 will not play/import .mov files

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded (on trial) from Elements 15 to 2020 version to be able to import/play videos recorded on an iPhone (HEIF/HEVC format). I have installed the appropriate Microsoft codecs and exactly followed the Adobe instruction to delete media cache files. However, I still cannot play or import these files. They seem to import into my PC as .MOV files so not sure if this is a problem. They do play if I use Windows Media player, just not in Elements. Any help appreciated.

Annotation 2020-02-10 122321.jpg

TOPICS
Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support for HEIF, HEVC and H.265 video was not added until version 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest 2020 version (on trial), upgraded from PE15. I'm assuming that the trial version will have full functionality invluding the support for the new video formats?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a similar issue and was able to fix it.  It involves the two Microsoft HEVC codecs conflicting with each other and changing the access permissions for those same codecs.  Essentially they become blocked.  I'm hoping there will be a repair procedure coming in a few days.   In the meantime, try starting a chat session with Adobe.  In the Premiere Elements Help menu is a choice for Online Support.  It takes you to a web page where there is an icon in the lower right corner to initiate the chat.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That is very useful, thanks. I have Elements 15 but was hoping that 2020 would solve my problem with HEVC etc. It seems as though there may be a solution from what you say but I can't access Online support since I need my original serial number and I'm having a problem trying to track it down (I'll keep trying...). The only reason I wanted to upgrade to 2020 was for this new feature enabling edit of HEVC/HEIF videos so it is very frustrating that this is not yet working properly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines