• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 2021 High CPU playing video in Expert Mode

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Yoga 12, i5-5200U with 4 gigs of ram. (can't be upgraded as ram is on the MB.)

When playing an edited video in expert mode, the CPU pins at 100%. Does better in other modes. 

Are there adjustments I can make to provide a better experience? 

Thanks...

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > General.    There are a couple adjustments there that may make a difference.  Try changing the preview quality to draft.   Also look to see if your project settings match your source footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most likely you are editing high compressed footage which your machine cannot handle.

And adding to that 4 gig of ram is way to low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I missed the 4GB RAM.  Ann is right.   If you can make that work at all, consider yourself lucky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your CPU is a bit on the low end too. It benchmarks at 2,500 and, in my books, I recommend a minimum benchmark of 6,000 for smooth HD editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines