• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements 9 Organizer has stopped working

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2018 Jun 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working on a Dell Inspiron N5010 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP 1 with Intel i5 2.67 processor, 6 GB RAM.

Both Adobe Premiere elements 9 and Photoshop Elements 9 are installed and were working (for years) up until recently.  Both suddenly developed a problem with the Organizer.

If I double click on the desktop icon to open Premiere, and then click on the Organize button, I see this message:

Elements 9 Organizer has stopped working.

If I then click on "View problem details" I see this information:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: PhotoshopElementsOrganizer.exe

Application Version: 9.0.3.0

Application Timestamp: 4d90791c

Fault Module Name: mc_demux_mp2_ds.ax

Fault Module Version: 8.5.0.27572

Fault Module Timestamp: 4c6e25d8

Exception Code: c0000005

Exception Offset: 000ef2da

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 0a9e

Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Additional Information 3: 0a9e

Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I then click on the "Close the program" button.

However, If I double click on the desktop icon to open Premiere, and then click on the "Open Project" button and then click on a project, the project opens without problems, and opens with the "Organize" tab selected.  No operations have been attempted since this problem occurred.

The exact same sequence happens with Photoshop Elements.  In the case of Elements, If I click on the Edit button instead of the Organize button, the program appears to open normally, with the Edit tab selected.

I searched this forum and did find one post that suggested there might be a problem with the catalog.  I found that the files on this computer were all stored in the My Videos folder, and I noticed that most all video files had a supplemental .xmp file.  However, there were several files that did not have the .xmp file, so I deleted those files (actually cut and pasted them to aflash drive and then removed the flash drive) and then tried to open both the Premiere and Photoshop programs again, but that did not solve the problem.

So, does anyone have any ideas how to fix this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?