• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements cannot detect my computer's burner drive

New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to use the Disc tab to burn directly from elements to the disc.  The error message states

'No Burner Detected'.  I have a Dell computer with a BD ROM Drive. Is there an update to fix this 
problem? If not, would elements be able to recognize an external usb burner drive?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Dell computer web site and look up your computer. Download and install the original drivers for your drive and then restart your computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve!  I will try that tomorrow and let you know.  I appreciate your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve's advice is good.  For what it's worth, I had a good BD burner in a ASUS computer.  It quit with a Windows 10 upgrade and I could never get it to work again.  I became convinced that I needed a new "driver" compatable with the drive under Windows 10.  I couldn't find it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi whsprague.  Thank you for this information. I, too, have windows 10.  Maybe windows is the real problem. I will try Steve's idea tonight and will look into Windows if needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem yesterday. The adobe techs showed me a list of supported DVD and Blu ray drives. Mine were not on the list.  They should include the list as an appendix in their manuals

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Doug39.  Thank you for this information. I will contact Adobe for this list.  Yes, they should include an appendix in the manual.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines