• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Freezing When I Add A Title

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with a 2019 Version of Elements that I just downloaded on my MacBook Pro. Elements works without any glitches until I add a text frame. It allowed me to add one text frame, but every time I have tried to add a second frame to the program, it gives me the "busy" wheel spin - and stays there. My computer is NOT freezing because I can open other programs at the bottom of the screen, but Elements requires me to restart my computer by holding down the power button and essentially crashing the entire computer. Without this, I have no way of closing, saving, or doing anything with Elements. When I pull up the program again, it has deleted the project until my last save. I have rebuilt various portions of today's video four times today and I am working on a deadline. I do video editing with iMovie without issues, and do not have playback or speed issues other than when I add text. Anyone know what is going on or having the same issues? I bought this software CD three days ago and I feel like I made a mistake in choosing Elements to work with.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is not at all a common issue.  With the limited information you've given, my first guess is that your computer is running out of usable RAM or disk space. 

You might also consider trying different titles.  Is it one title format or all of them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying. I've tried three different kinds of titles, including the most basic one. I have plenty of disk space as I keep all except my recent projects on a separate hard drive. I have 928 out of 998 space available on a 1 TB disk. 8 GB of RAM. I don't have any issues with video playback or performance when I use iMovie. Do you think it's the 8 GB? I can't upgrade that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 05, 2019 Jan 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

8 GB of RAM should be sufficient.  Are there programs running in the background that might be using some of that RAM? 

As a 2019 user, you have access to Adobe Customer support via a chat system.  The can remotely work you computer to do troubleshooting

Contact Customer Care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines