• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Organizer fails to generate thumbnails

New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running Elements 2020 on Windows 10 Pro. I have 18 folders containing 187 video files. Total size of all files is 356 GB. These are stored on a fast SSD. 

Have tried importing these to Organizer. Organizer will display correct thumbnails for some files. But it shows the gray box with an hourglass for the majority. And when I double-click on one of the grayed-out thumbnails, then Organizaer hangs and stops responding. 

When browsing the files in Windows Explorer, they display thumbnails correctly and play without issue. 

I've left Organizer running overnight, thinking it just needed time to rebuild the cache. It still failed to rebuild the thumbnails. 

Getting very frustrated with the product. Appreciate any help. Thanks. 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you've already got them organized in folders, you can go straight to editing without Organizer.   Premiere Elements can be launched directly by opening "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2020\Elements Home\Adobe Premiere Elements 2020.exe".  You can create a shortcut directly to it that avoids Organizer.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines