Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Elements Project settings NO 720p25??

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2017 Mar 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think this is an Adobe blunder. I need to setup a project with the PAL sequence settings at 720p 25 fps progressive.

Under the Available presets>PAL>dSLRs>720p>

I have 3 options. a 720p50, and 2x720p24... (NTSC??).

Is there a workaround? or a recent software update? We have just bought elements for a whole school, and our school cameras are limited, being in OZ, we need to work in PAL...

Ta...

[Moderator: moved to appropriate forum]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

720p25 is not a project setting that is available in Premiere Elements.

What model of camcorder is this video coming from?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The school has 6x Canon 1100D SLRs...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, I found the PAL HDV option 720p25 - will I be able to use this??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, the school has about 15x Sony PAL handycams, that shoot in AVCHD (.mts files) at 1080/50i. What recommendations for project settings for these? There seems to be no 50i options...

Models of camera are: HDR-CX190E, HDR-CX130E, HDR-CX405

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's too bad about those Canon 1100s. It only shoots at the very non-standard 1280x720p25. You may still be able to edit this video in a Premiere Elements project set up for 720p50 -- it's just not going to go as smoothly as when you're shooting video that matches the project specs.

The AVCHD camcorders, on the other hand, should interface perfectly with Premiere Elements if you have them set up to shoot 1920x1080. In fact, as I show you in my books, if you use the Video Importer to get the video from these camcorders to your computer, the program will automatically set up  your project to match your video specs.

You can learn more about setting up projects and using the Video Importer in my free 8 part Basic Training tutorial series.

*** Premiere Elements Basic Training ***

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines