Highlighted

Empty "Titles & Text" page

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open PrE and click the "Titles & Text" tab the page opens with all the "Titles & Text" options listed.  But when I open a project and click the "Titles & Text" tab the page opens but contains nothing.

This very weird and I'm guessing this is some kind of seriously technical issue that only Adobe might know about but, to date, I haven't figured out how to reach Adobe for this or other PrE issues that are too technical to get addressed in the user forum. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Empty "Titles & Text" page

Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I open PrE and click the "Titles & Text" tab the page opens with all the "Titles & Text" options listed.  But when I open a project and click the "Titles & Text" tab the page opens but contains nothing.

This very weird and I'm guessing this is some kind of seriously technical issue that only Adobe might know about but, to date, I haven't figured out how to reach Adobe for this or other PrE issues that are too technical to get addressed in the user forum. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Nov 07, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikecox_  wrote

Mike,

My computer with PrE 2018 does not behave that way.  Nor did it with any previous version.  With an open project I can click on Titles &Text and get lots of choices. 

Truth might be that you will never get a direct line to Adobe engineers.  PrE is a mass consumer market product sold at sale prices of about $65.  Adobe is not going to give you a pipeline to $100+ per hour employees for technical, under the hood, discussions. 

The sensitive issue is that YOUR computer may not be functioning or equipped to do video editing.  I am a fan and long time user of PrE and suggest it to anyone that asks.  But, if your experience proves something else works better for you, you should go that way!

Bill

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure where you're finding Adobe products for $65.00. Before CC Elements programs were about $100. Full versions are considerably more. 

You may be right about my computer, but I'm more inclined to think it's the OS.  It may be time for me to re-install it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mikecox_  wrote

Not sure where you're finding Adobe products for $65.00. Before CC Elements programs were about $100. Full versions are considerably more. 

About twice a year there is a discounted price with no sales tax at B&H.   It does not last long.  As I write, the B&H price is $70. 

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1365567-REG/adobe_65281748_premiere_elements_2018_download.ht...

By any standard, this is not expensive software.   Yet it is highly capable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
Contributor ,
Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, it isn't expensive and it is certainly capable. I think they make up for it in volume (-:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find something to correct the problem? I have the same issue. All other tools at the bottom works, but not the title and text, which is odd.  It worked for another video fine and then stopped.  If I drop down the Text, Motion Tile, it adds the general tile, which I do not want and I am unable to change the tile to another.  Thanks in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jan 14, 2018 0
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This same issue just appeared on my version of Elements 14 yesterday when I went to start a project. It worked fine the day before but the Titles & Text options are not listed/embedded in the tab now.

Notes:

• I can add the basic set of titles from the dropdown menu at the top, but those are so limited.
  • All other bottom tabs work fine.
  • The Titles & Text tab is blank- but does show the "thinking" icon that usually rotates...but it's not rotating. It's like it's taunting me.
  • I tried restarting the program and the computer and the same issue presents.

UGH. Hopefully someone can help figure this one out.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2018 0
Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2018 0
BigDrill LATEST
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending it Bob, but after renaming it, shutting it down and restarting the problem persists. It did create a new workingset.prsl file though.

Still searching.  Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 17, 2018 0