• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Endless and Unnecessary(?) Conforming

New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a large, currently 2.5 hour project (still have some cutting-out to do). I have already done extensive editing that I would prefer not to have to redo. 

A few days ago, every time I opened the project, Elements needed to conform about twenty .MTS files -- they seemed to be the same ones every time. The conforming took about an hour to complete, so upon suggestion I cleaned out the media cache and media cache database. Now when I open the project, it seems that ALL the video clips are being conformed. This process never ends, and eventually my laptop freezes up and I have to force shut down.

Today I tried deleting everything in the timeline except for the first ten minutes. The endless conforming process continued, but I was able to successfully export those first ten minutes.

Perhaps I could edit in spite of the conforming going on? But it slows Elements down significantly and always ends in a crash...

Any ideas what might be going on here?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?