• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error creating BluRay ISO image file in PE 15

Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2018 Dec 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quite unexpectedly ran into a problem that I have never experienced before: got an error message in the process of creating BluRay ISO image file.

This time it was 2-hour movie and the Burn In Progress process was running smoothly until it reached 97% point. When it reached 97% point it got back to 0% with the 'error' message in the left bottom part of the screen (see the image below)

Error while creating ISO file.png

What IS going on?

Please HELP!!!!

Lev.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't read the error message.

Do you have enough free hard drive space?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have around 285 GB of free hard drive space. I believe it is more than enough to create and save BluRay ISO image file on my hard drive. There was no pop-up error message notifying me reason the process is aborted. Just an error message as you can see in the image in my initial post. By the way, I was able to burn BluRay BD directly from the project and had no error messages.

But my goal is to create BluRay ISO image file as I did for other projects and then burn BD using ImgBurn software. Unfortunately

ImgBurn software is kind of limited and did not allow me to create BluRay ISO image file from BD.

So... The question is still open: Why I had an error message while creating BluRay ISO  Image file for 2-hour project?

Is in a bug in PE 15 that does not allow to create BluRay ISO  Image file for pretty big projects (running time 2 hours or more)?

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have around 285 GB of free hard drive space. I believe it is more than enough to create and save BluRay ISO image file on my hard drive. There was no pop-up error message notifying me reason the process is aborted. Just an error message as you can see in the image in my initial post. By the way, I was able to burn BluRay BD directly from the project and had no error messages.

But my goal is to create BluRay ISO image file as I did for other projects and then burn BD using ImgBurn software. Unfortunately

ImgBurn software is kind of limited and did not allow me to create BluRay ISO image file from BD.

So... The question is still open: Why I had an error message while creating BluRay ISO  Image file for 2-hour project?

Is in a bug in PE 15 that does not allow to create BluRay ISO  Image file for pretty big projects (running time 2 hours or more)?

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 15, 2018 Dec 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The longer your video, the more potential there is for things to go wrong.

Make a copy of your project and in one of the copies cut away all but 20 minutes of your movie. Can you render it now?

Also, can you output your 2 hour movie in any format? What happens if you export and share a 1920x1080 MP4 version of your movie?

Meantime, as Bob says, your screen capture doesn't show enough of your timeline for us to see if there's a problem there. Close the Export & Share window and zoom back so we can see your entire movie on your timeline and post a screen capture of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Here Is the entire movie on the timeline:

Do you see anything suspicious?

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that it's so long and the entire timeline had to be rendered (hence the green line along the top), which is usually an indicator that the project is not properly set up to match your video specs.

I would definitely recommend making a copy of your project and cutting it down to 20 minutes in one of your copies to see if you have better luck outputting.

It's possible things will work out better for you if you do your movie as short segments and then assemble each part in a master project. (Not even Hollywood editors pull together a 2 hour movie from raw footage.)

If not, we'll need to dig into what model of camcorder your original footage is from and what the video's specs are and then try to figure out how to better your project settings to that video's specs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I've rendered the whole project manually to have smoother editing. I believe that rendering is usually recommended for editing and does not affect the output. I have multiple projects with approximate 1.5 hour length and in the most cases did not bother to render clips or the whole project. I was always able to create BluRay ISO image file.

This project for some reason was different though I applied the same 'tricks' as to other projects. This time I was not able to create ISO file, but was able to burn the project directly to a BluRay disc.

I have Sony FDR-AX53 camcorder. Clips are in MP4 format. Shooting in 4K 30p 60. Music is in wav format.

FDR-AX53 Specifications | Camcorders | Sony US

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I look forward to hearing what happens when you  try my suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2018 Dec 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve, I was able to split the project in half and create ISO files. I also was able to create ISO file for the whole 2 hour project copying BD, that I was able to create through PE 15 using BurnAware  Free software. The size of the ISO file is roughly 24,000,000 KB. I had no problem creating this ISO file. So... PE15 can handle the direct creation of BD disc for big projects, but can't create ISO file. I assume there is a bug in PE15. Do you agree?

By the way, I have your guide to PE 15 and like it very much. Would you recommend to upgrade PE 15 to PE 2019 in hope that it has less bugs and can handle big projects much better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm always careful about using the word "bug". I only use it if it's a universal issue and anyone can duplicate it. So whether or not there's an actual bug that's keeping you from creating a 2-hour BluRay is something for others to decide.

As for later versions of the program, be aware that a few key features (including the ability to create BluRay discs) have been omitted from versions 2018 and 2019. So, if that's an important feature for you, I sure wouldn't upgrade.

Nonetheless, thank you for supporting the books! I've been doing them since version 2, and it's nice to know that the books area really making a difference.

That said, I don't know how far you want to dig into your BluRay issue. There are other experiments we can do to pinpoint the problem. But I think the simple answer is that 2 hours of video that may not match the project specs may be just too much for the program running on your computer to handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve for your quick response.

As you know, I currently  shoot videos in 4K format and I create a menu and submenues for each video prioject. I have always created ISO files and kept my projects on AVCHD discs or for about 2 years on BD discs. Since there are no ultra high definition discs on the market, my videos are not exactly 4K quality, but still movies look great on Samsung big screen 4K TV played on BluRay player. But I understand that all ths CD/DVD/BD technology becomes obsolete. What do I need to do to have my future  projects with all the features that include menues published and watched on my TV?

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only DVDs and BluRays have menus. You can save HD and even 4K videos to a thumb drive and play them on your TV -- but they won't have a DVD/BluRay style menu system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. What is the reason Adobe removed BD ISO/Burning from the Publishing in PE 2018 and PE 2019?

I just checked the forum and it seems to me that PE customers are NOT happy about it.

Is it still possible to create a menu in PE 2018 and 2019?

Probably not since you can't see it anyway if you publish your project to a memory stick...

In other words, it seems to me that PE 2018 and PE 2019 is a step back from PE 15 and basically it makes no sense for PE 15 users to upgrade to PE 2018 and PE 2019 since it is not a real upgrade, but downgrade.

Am I correct in my assumption?

I think that Adobe simply wants PE 15 users to upgrade to the Pro version, not to PE 2018 or 2019 if they really want a real upgrade...

Do you agree?

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lev,

Users and, occasionally, Adobe programmers post here.  Corporate policy makers are light years away.

Adobe chose to discontinue licensing everything in all apps regarding Dolby and AC-3 audio.  That includes Blu-Ray.  My guess is that it has to do with licencing agreements and costs. 

Menus are for discs, DVDs and Blu-Rays.  In Windows you can still make menus for DVDs.  In Apples version 2019 no longer does Blu-Rays or DVDs. 

In my view, and workflow, the world is moving to 4K, MP4s, YouTube and Vimeo.  Discs are becoming history.  So, yes, if discs are the core of your workflow, stick with version 15.   Any version upgrades would be a downgrade for you.  Is there anything you want to do and can't with version 15?

Your assumption that upgrading to Premiere Pro is a sly Adobe goal does not hold water.  It doesn't do Blu-Rays any longer either.  There may be other reasons to upgrade, but disc burning isn't one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve.

My video is 4K with all clips having MP4 format and I use music ripped from CDs or downloaded from the Internet.

I think I'll continue placing my projects on BD but at the same time I want to explore the Internet options.

I published a short video once on YouTube and it was fun. I believe that Vimeo is a sharing website where I can publish my videos from PE and give friends and family members an access to these videos. Correct?

But is there a limitation on the length of the movie that I can place on Vimeo?

Will the movie on Vimeo have the original 4K resolution?

Is it possible to get my own website, place there anything I want including 4K long movies published form PE and give friends and family members an access to this website?

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not Steve.  He usually knows more than I do!

Ripped copyrighted music in your videos may be tough to share online.  Stick to Blu-Rays.

Vimeo is a sharing and distribution system allowing your audience to view and enjoy on anything they have anytime they want.  There are significant limits to the trial/free plan.  I pay for a plan that gives me much more capacity.  One of the reasons I use Vimeo is that I can use its 4K capacity. 

Yes, you can build your own website, but Vimeo is a heck of a lot easier. 

There are differences between YouTube and Vimeo.  YouTube is a massive jungle that includes advertising.  Vimeo provides, at a small price, more control to the author.  There is no advertising. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bill,

Sorry I thought it was Steve answering my questions. Is there a limitation on the length of rhe movie at VIMEO?

Is access ro you videos password protected?

Do you publish videos to VIMEO directly from PE?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2018 Dec 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lev,

I've had a paid "Plus" account at Vimeo for a few years.  It is how I distribute or share my videos with family and friends.  By no means am I more than an amateur.  Of the various choices like YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, etc., it gives me the most flexibility and control.  My usual routine is to put my video on Vimeo and then email links.  Depending on settings I choose, they can watch it on anything they own and even download a copy to their computer if I let them.  

One of the things I like is that Vimeo provides me with an uncluttered "channel" with my name in it.  You can watch videos I make available to the public here:  Bill Sprague on Vimeo

As Steve's article points out, there is not a length limit, but there is a file size limit for the level I pay for.  For me, it is 5GB.   Regarding passwords, there is a variety of choices where you can control who can watch your videos.   The price has gone up since the article was written.  It now costs me $84, billed once a year, but I gladly pay it because it adds so much to my video hobby.   

There are tools in Premiere Elements for direct uploading to both YouTube and Vimeo.   They don't always work for everybody.  My preferred method is to output an MP4 so that I can play and review it.  Then, using Vimeo (or YouTube) provided tools, I upload the video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Steve and Bill for a very valuable information. I will definitely try Vimeo and also publish parts from my long movies on YouTube as I did once:

Hanoi, Vietnam. Having fun in traffic. - YouTube

My concern is music. I can legally rip music from CDs I own or play Mp3 music I bought from Amazon, Apple, etc. But it seems that I can't legally use this music for videos if I want to publish those videos on the Internet websites. Is my understanding correct?

Am I limited to custom music clips created with PE Scores? Are there other ways to create a legal music for PE movies?

Lev.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"it seems that I can't legally use this music for videos if I want to publish those videos on the Internet websites. Is my understanding correct?"

Copyright laws are complex and advice goes beyond a user group.  But, basically you are right.  You can use and listen to any music yourself for your entertainment.  But as soon as you distribute it to others, you cross a copyright line.  You can't legally use someone else's creative work without some sort of expressed permission.

There are lots of not so famous music sources ranging from free to expensive that you can use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no expert on Vimeo, but here's information for you.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/vimeo-duration-limits-70264.html

There doesn't appear to be a duration limit for your videos. However, there is a limit to how much data you can upload, based on if you're using the free version or the paid version of the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines