• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message: "... incompatible display driver".

Explorer ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I've been using APE 11 since it was released, with no problems. However, within the past week or so the error message attached has been appearing when I try to open the software. It disappears if I click on "OK", but then the software doesn't run correctly, in that the Preview Screen stays white. If I click the play button I can hear audio, but no video appears. (See the other attachment.)

I've tried updating the driver, as suggested in the error message, but I seem to have the most recent driver already.

All advice welcome, please!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Go to the Intel, AMD or nVidia site and ensure you have the latest driver.

Then (on Windows 10) set your File Explorer to Show All Files  and browse to ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0 and delete the BadDriver.txt file. (If you've got more than one version of Premiere Elements, it will be in the Premiere Elements directory folder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the Intel, AMD or nVidia site and ensure you have the latest driver.

Then (on Windows 10) set your File Explorer to Show All Files  and browse to ProgramData/Adobe/Premiere Elements/11.0 and delete the BadDriver.txt file. (If you've got more than one version of Premiere Elements, it will be in the Premiere Elements directory folder.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 14, 2019 Sep 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks! That did the trick beautifully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines