• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error message- The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error message- The project appears to be damaged, it cannot be opened.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exactly are you doing when this message appears?

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

Are you trying to open the project in the same version of the program in which it was created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a feeling that it got corrupted when I updated my Operating system. That's what an Adobe rep thinks. Anyone know how to go back to my old version? And will that restore my file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please answer Steve's questions:

What exactly are you doing when this message appears?

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

Are you trying to open the project in the same version of the program in which it was created?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

I have 3 Premiere Elements programs. 10, 14 and 15. It appears that this project I was working on for my daughter’s wedding was done in 10. I started it back in August and I think I played around with it again a month or so later. I have a feeling it has something to do with that particular program. As you can imagine, I am extremely upset by this. I have never had anything like this occur. I’m just about to start over but am hoping I will find some way to restore the file. I had sooooo many hours into this. Any thought would be great. Do you know of any pay for support ?

Thanks,

Joanne

[Personal Info Removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements does not work with projects across versions.  It will corrupt the files.

You may be able to go to automatically saved backup files using version 10 and finish what you've started. 

Sorry it is not better news. 

(I've asked admin to remove the private information.  This is a public forum.  You'll get more spam and scams than you can imagine!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. What do you think about uninstalling the program and reinstalling it ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You said you have 10, 14 and 15.  Which one are you going to reinstall?  Then, which projects are you going to edit?  Is it one project or several?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to reinstall 10. It is only one project I am trying to get back. All the others seem to open in 14 or 15. Do you think there’s a chance it will work?

Joanne Luckman, Office Administrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joanne, please do not respond to this forum via e-mail. It exposes all of your personal and contact information. (I've removed them from your post.)

Post any responses directly to the forum page, not via e-mail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, sorry and thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, any chance reinstalling will help? Your thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's unlikely reinstalling will help -- but it sure won't hurt.

If you can't open the project file because it is corrupted, it might be worth trying to open one of your most recent Auto-Saves.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines