Highlighted

Error out when burning BluRay image to hard drive

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an error log in Premier Elements 15?  It's erroring out at final step of burning BluRay image to hard drive. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

I don't know why the program is failing to write a BluRay -- but if it's able to create a DVD, then you're in good shape, software-wise. You don't when you've last run Disk Cleanup and Disc Defragmenter, but if you've got 3.8 terrabytes of data on 4 terrabyte drive, you may well have fragmented files that are keeping larger processes (like BluRay production) from working. Complicated RAID setups can also work against you -- but that's just what I've heard. I'm no expert there.

But FWIW, I still think a BluRay of your standard def video files is overkill. Your original video is still only 720x480, regardless of whether your burn it as a  720x480 DVD or blow it out to a 1920x1080 over-rezzed video. But I guess that's your choice.

I'm  sorry we can't offer more direction. You've clearly got a powerful enough system to do this kind of thing without working up a sweat. But there's something going on that's just not obvious, based on the information you've given.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Error out when burning BluRay image to hard drive

Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there an error log in Premier Elements 15?  It's erroring out at final step of burning BluRay image to hard drive. 

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

I don't know why the program is failing to write a BluRay -- but if it's able to create a DVD, then you're in good shape, software-wise. You don't when you've last run Disk Cleanup and Disc Defragmenter, but if you've got 3.8 terrabytes of data on 4 terrabyte drive, you may well have fragmented files that are keeping larger processes (like BluRay production) from working. Complicated RAID setups can also work against you -- but that's just what I've heard. I'm no expert there.

But FWIW, I still think a BluRay of your standard def video files is overkill. Your original video is still only 720x480, regardless of whether your burn it as a  720x480 DVD or blow it out to a 1920x1080 over-rezzed video. But I guess that's your choice.

I'm  sorry we can't offer more direction. You've clearly got a powerful enough system to do this kind of thing without working up a sweat. But there's something going on that's just not obvious, based on the information you've given.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Sep 04, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these the [almost done?] files?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 04, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you asking for the log files or are you asking us to help you troubleshoot your burn issues?

BTW, do you have a blank spot on your timeline, in which there is no video, or do you have a stop marker on your timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 1
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resolve the burn issue.  No stops in middle or end (screenshot of end below).  Is there a simple way to test for spaces other than eyeballing every minute of the timeline?  We're just copying MiniDV tapes so no rocket science editing going on here, just copying thru Firewire then ripping to hard drive...

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The splices all look like this, no gaps:

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 05, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 09, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ping!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any thoughts?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 10, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are you outputting standard definition video as a BluRay? Can you output it as a DVD?

How long is your movie?

What operating system do you have? What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, defragmented space is on your hard drive?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Sep 11, 2017 1