• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error while opening project

New Here ,
Feb 16, 2020 Feb 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After saving my project and closing elements, I can't reopen my projects anymore. I've extracted the project file and the xml file seems fine. I've ran it trough a validator.

The strange thing is that all my projects wont open anymore.

Even the autosave projects wont open.

I already moved my media files to invoke the relink flow but that doesn't make a difference.

I can't find any logfiles...

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

Have you tried an uninstall/reinstall? You won't lose any project data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

18.1 on win10, I got my files back by downloading premiere pro but I'm not interested in the fancy pro features. I just want quick trimming like elements provide...

So I'm guessing it has nothing to do with my media files and the xml, but with something I used in the project that got corrupted. Pro showed my a log of things he could not find but still opened up the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yeah, after reinstall of elements no changes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You appear to be somehow mixing a workflow between Elements and Pro.  Can you explain with more detail?  Projects are not interchangeble. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@whsprague, no I'm not.

I started creating a project in elements and that worked just fine until elements freezed and after rebooting I could not open any elements project anymore getting the Unknow error while opening project error.

Steps I took trying to fix the problem:

1. reboot pc -> no change
  2. open auto-save file with elements -> no change (got the same error)
  3. extract project file, validated the xml-file -> did not find any error
  4. removed and reinstalled elements -> no change
  5. downloaded trial version of PRO and import the elements project file -> got he sequence back that I created in elements and I could render the file with PRO -> fixed the problem for now

The problem now is that I don't trust elements anymore... I've just dowloaded it last week and this was only my 2nd project in Elements...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 17, 2020 Feb 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the holder of a current version, you have access to Adobe support.  Start a "chat".  They will likely find what went wrong.  Open Premiere Elements, look in Help and select Online Support.  It will take you to a web page that has a "chat" icon in the lower right corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines