• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export a clip from a video to another folder on my computer?

New Here ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using a trial version of Adobe Premiere Elements 2019.  As part of my job, I need to export individual clips from DVD videos.  I cannot figure out how to do this, or if it's even possible.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Yes you can do that with Elements but there is one drawback.

You are using the trial which means all output files will have a watermark.

You drop the file in the timeline.

Put the work area bar over the section you want to export.

Export, choose a format from the export setting and be sure to check Work Area Bar.

Hit ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by "individual clips from DVD videos"?

You can rip video from a DVD into Premiere Elements and then you can edit it and output segments from it as MP4s.

Is that what you're trying to do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

Yes… the way you describe it, I think that’s what I’m trying to do. The word “clip” comes from other video editing applications; I assume it’s the same thing that you’re referring to as “output segments”.

Briefly, in my job, we video piping systems and record to DVDs. The software divides each video segment as “Titles”; however, each segment is not recorded as a separate file; all segments are in a one big file. A navigation pane allows us to open any segment, but I assume the software uses “Markers” to find the segment.

I need to split that big file into “clips” and transfer (output..?) each segment, individually, to an appropriate folder in my hard drive.

I have successfully split that large file into the appropriate clips/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can do that with Elements but there is one drawback.

You are using the trial which means all output files will have a watermark.

You drop the file in the timeline.

Put the work area bar over the section you want to export.

Export, choose a format from the export setting and be sure to check Work Area Bar.

Hit ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the watermark is there… but I’m just trying the program to see if it will do what I need…

Will the trial version do what I need? Can you explain how to export the individual clips to my hard drive..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I didn't read all of your answer before I replied.  I'll try what you suggest, and get back to you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mark the section you want with Work Area Bars.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then at output you check the Work Area Only box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it worked.  Can't understand why that very simple answer is not easily found in the "Help" section...

Thank you very much..!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it to work!  Premiere Elements has grown to include so many features that the instruction book is a full 290 pages long.  "Work area" shows up over a dozen times! 

You can download the full manual here:  https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/premiere-elements_reference.pdf

(Hope you enjoyed the bonus picture of our dog healing from stomach surgery.  He ate part of a Christmas toy and had to have it cut out!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else also suggested that, and I am trying it now…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines