• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export Error Premiere Elements 2018

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2018 Jul 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing "Export Error" when trying to export a compiled movie. After reviewing other threads regarding a similar issue, here are the details and what we have tried:

The video is just over 30 minutes, compiled of several other source videos (taken by a drone) with some added background music. The original source video files are the same frame size as the export dimensions - 1920X1080.  I am trying to export to Computer in HD 1080 (1920 X 1080) MP4 - H.264 and I am trying to save the exported video on the same drive as the source file which is the hard drive of the computer itself.

I have tried several times, always with the same result. I have restarted the computer and also tried saving to a different folder on the hard drive - not sure why I thought this would have made a difference but I was trying anything.

The first time it seemed to have worked despite the Export Error message appearing on the screen as I was able to see the file in the folder in Windows Explorer and even was able to play it. But when I then closed Adobe, the file disappeared. Clicking or double clicking on the yellow explanation point does not show me anything additional on the error.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What operating system do you have? Which processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free space is left on your hard drive?

If you start a new project, are you able to output a movie of, say, 2 - 5 minutes in length?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10.  Intel Core i-7 processor with 16 GB RAM. 7.37 GB Free space on Hard drive.

Will have to try the output of a shorter movie. This is the first one I've composed using the new program. I just couldn't come up with an explanation for the error after reading the solutions to the similar posts about this issue as none of those situations applied to my experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2018 Jul 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

8 gigs of free space is probably not enough to do a larger video output. Especially if you have a traditional (non-SSD) hard drive and it's even slightly fragmented.

You haven't said if you were able to output a 2 minute video, but that would be a good way to test your system to make sure the software is working.

But the biggest problem is likely system choke. Especially since you have a variety of video formats and a larger than typical video output. You just don't have room on your hard drive for the program to work. (FWIW, I always keep at least 50-100 gigs of free space on my hard drive.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines