Highlighted

Export file much larger than contents

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video is 3 minutes. No extraneous stuff in the timeline...Export makes a MP4 file that has my 3 minutes and the n17 minutes of black. This hasn't happened before..

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Export file much larger than contents

New Here ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My video is 3 minutes. No extraneous stuff in the timeline...Export makes a MP4 file that has my 3 minutes and the n17 minutes of black. This hasn't happened before..

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jun 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Usually that happens when there is a stray clip as small as a single frame stuck out on the time line somewhere.  Sometimes it will even be on another track.   Pressing the "/" key will fit the project to the visible timeline.  If your project shows up in the left portion, there is something out on the end somewhere.  Use your mouse to hightlight everything to the right of your project and press delete.  

Another workaround is to use the "work area bars" and check the work area bar only box at output.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a tutorial on doing what Bill describes.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 28, 2020 0