Exit

Export options to create Macro Elements for Larger Project

Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Note:  3 questions listed at end of introduction

Introduction:

I have Adobe Premier Elements 14.  I am working on a big project that will integrate numerous elements (00's) video clips (mov files ) and still pictures (jpg).  All these elements were taken from 2 cameras:  Iphone SE or a Canon Powershot D10 (for the underwater pics) which are lower res than the Iphone. The Cameras were set for maximum image resolution.

To simplify element management I was thinking  of  generating several sub projects with PE14 and creating several computer files (call them "MacroElement"  "ME")  based on grouping subset of jpg's based on common criteria like day or city visited.  Also do the same with groupings of video files.  Each ME in turn would have its own custom duration, transitions, background music and titles.   The main benefit is to make editing simpler on the Master Project and avoid  mistakes that might render a complicated project hopelessly unrecoverable if I make editing mistakes.    My Master (consolidated) project will just be a succession of a dozen or so ME's, DVD menu and opening/closing titles.  My main concern is that I will lose significant video quality in the final project VS if I created from all the hundreds of elements.  

Questions:

Q1: Quality implications:  Base Element Project vs MacroElement Project

Q2: Best format to use for creating ME's to retain quality from JPG and MOV elements

Q3: I will be taking the final Master project and creating  ISO files for both  DVD and AVCHD disks.  What output settings would you recommend?  Does it matter if I select highest settings or does it need to be tailored to the quality of the elements/MacroElements?

Hope this is clear and gives you all the info you need.

Your help most appreciated.

Jerry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?