• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export problem Premier elements 2018

New Here ,
Oct 10, 2017 Oct 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to export a finished video because the error message "Shake reduction is in progress or has encountered an error" appears.

It continues "Please restart export once process is complete or resolve the error and try again." 

How to I find and resolve this error ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Remove Shake Reduction from clip.

reboot program and add effect again.

Wait until finished then export.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2017 Oct 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What  operating system are you working on? What processor do you have with how much RAM? How much free, clean, freshly defragmented space is on your hard drive?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is that video?

Do you have Shake Reduction applied to a clip on this video? What happens if you remove it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, there was one clip with shake reduction on, only I didn't ask for the fix.  However, problem solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove Shake Reduction from clip.

reboot program and add effect again.

Wait until finished then export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 17, 2017 Nov 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I,  too, am blocked from exporting projects with Shake Reduction effects applied to clips, but so far it has only been for previously saved projects with Shake Reduction that I open again. But some times I don't need to remove the effect and reboot, etc. to unblock the export.

If I open a project that was saved with Shake Reduction applied to one or more clips, and the project was created with Pre2018, I can preserve the Shake Reduction data as follows without the need to reboot and re-stabilize it again:

1. Open the project.

2. Open the Applied Effects panel. The Applied Effects panel is the one with the icon with "fx" and a pencil.

3. Then for each clip on the timeline that has the Shake Reduction applied to it, click on it to select it. Don't select more than one at a time. The Shake Reduction effect for that clip will then show up in the Applied Effects panel. If the "Shake Reduction" button is disabled, then you won't need to stabilize it again.  The "Shake Reduction" button is the topmost button of the effect in the Applied Effects panel. So, now select the next clip on the timeline, and so on for each clip. If all the "Shake Reduction" buttons are disabled, then you should be able to proceed to export your project.

If the project was created with an earlier version of Premiere Elements, you will probably need to re-stabilize each clip that has the Shake Reduction effect applied to it.

Something has changed since Premiere Elements 15, as I don't have this Shake Reduction problem in that version when I reopen projects.

I'm have Windows 10 and Intel processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"If the project was created with an earlier version of Premiere Elements, you will probably need to re-stabilize each clip that has the Shake Reduction effect applied to it."

It is not intended for Premiere Elements to be backward comparable.   Opening projects from an earlier version in a later version can have unpredictable results including possibly corrupting the project file itself. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"It is not intended for Premiere Elements to be backward comparable."

I agree with that, I think, but just for clarification...

What is your definition of "earlier" and "later" ?

"Opening projects from an earlier version in a later version can have unpredictable results including possibly corrupting the project file itself. "

This is my way of thinking: "Earlier" version means older version. "Later" version means newer version. For example, the first version is the earliest version known to man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your definition of "earlier" and "later" ?

javascript:;

What I mean is that if you created a project in version 15 and later open it in version 2018, you may have problems.  It may also be true that you won't.  As I understand it, it will depend on what pieces and parts you use.  If the developers make changes to those pieces and parts between versions, there might be trouble.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new project, used shake reduction, and the program wouldn't export, supposedly because shake reduction is in progress. I tried removing the effect, restarting Adobe Premiere 18, adding the shake reduction, and export immediately afterward. I was still getting the shake reduction error. I then deleted the shake reduction effect altogether, restarted the program, and tried to export without using shake reduction, and I still get the shake reduction error.

It seems this is a bug in the software, and there is something wrong with the way information is stored in a cache file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem I had by first turning off the auto analyze feature in Preferences. It had nothing to do with the problem, but sped up the program considerably. Then I ran shake reduction on each clip in the project. I had only used shake reduction on one of two clips. Then I rendered the clip, again, and saved it. Then I was able to export the file. It is likely that just by rendering all the clips the problem was solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2018 Aug 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aether Wizard

Aether, have you fix the issue? can you please share the steps one by one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2021 Jul 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've taken shake reduction off all clips, still has error.  Reapplied Shake Reduction (did quick version to save time) still has error.   Closed app, cold booted PC, still has problem.     This is painful.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you aware you posted in the Premiere ELEMENTS forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are asking Chris, yes I am aware.  I am using Premeire Elements 2018  video editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very irritating.  I had the same problem even after I deleted stabilisation from both the clips that appeared to have it.  The problem turned out to be a stray clip - a fraction of a second long -- that was found some way after the apparent end of the project timeline.  Deleting that clip resolved the problem. To look for such clips press the right facing 'go to next edit point' button (or PGDOWN) to cycle through each clip to the end and continue: if there is another clip after the apparent end, the cursor will jump to it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most of this topic is a year old!

Stray clips can be a problem.  Glad you found it, and better, you found a way to find stray clips.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the STRAY clip method and it didn't appear that I had any stray clips.  The error continued.  So I decided to go through each clip with PGDN, but then slide the clips appart with some gaps in between.  Lo and behold!!!  A stray clip underneath on of the clips I wanted to keep.  Once I deleted the "stray" all was good again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even with patches (the few) that Adobe provided this still occurs with projects started from scratch in Premiere 2018

I have removed all SHAKE REDUCTION from all clips but it still happens and I can't export.

Painful to invest all this time, only to recreate it all from scratch as a FIX.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines