• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Export to original file dimensions

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, been using PE for a while but there's one thing I can't figure out.

If I import and edit a video file for example 1920x1440 (4:3), when I come to export the only options I get are 1920x1080 (or equivalent) leaving black bars at the sides. I looked online and apparently it sets the project at the resolution of the first file you drag to the timeline, but I can't get it to export at the original file dimensions without black bars. None of the export presets allow 4:3.

I just want to for example overlay audio then export the video exactly as it was added.

Thanks - Keith

TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info.

The clip shows as 1920x1440 in properties but in export it shows as 1920x1080?

image_2021-03-27_100343.pngimage_2021-03-27_100439.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 4:3 1920x1440 video is not standard video dimensions. Premiere Elements does not have project settings to match that video file size, so you will always be "floating" that video within a more standard video size (eg, 1920x1080).

The only 4:3 video project settings in Premiere Elements are 720x480 (.9 PAR) and 640x480.

What model of camcorder is your 1920x1440 video from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, it's not from a camcorder, I do work on older pop music videos and most of them are 4:3 dimensions originally.

I would rather save them in their original scale rather than have black bars at the sides.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately Elements does not crop on export.

The only way to export in such resolution is to set up the project setting the same as the footage.

Here is how: How To Create 1440p and 2160p (4K) Projects in Premiere Elements – Custom Sequence Presets - YouTube 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines