Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exported clip has no audio

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I have just painstakingly produced my very first video clip with Premiere Elements and when replayed in Elements, it is fine - Film, Voice Over, Music - all there. But when I export it (mpeg is the only option I get) and play it in VLC media player (all other players I have won't play it at all!) it does not have any audio. I couldn't find any way to fix this and hope someone has some good advice for a complete beginner!

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

What happens if you output an MP4? (MPEGs have a very limited use.)

Also, which version of the program are you using and what steps are you taking to output your video? It's very odd that MPEG is your only output option!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2018 Feb 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you output an MP4? (MPEGs have a very limited use.)

Also, which version of the program are you using and what steps are you taking to output your video? It's very odd that MPEG is your only output option!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, I am such an idiot! I didn't even notice the endings did not match. Because yes, exactly, the only option offered is MP4 and then it asks you where to save it and I said 'desktop' and *poof* there was this non-functional mpeg version of my video! I didn't even question that as it had the right name and was where I saved it.

Now that you said MP4 I saw you were right and did a search for any new MP4 files and the real, fully functional MP4-Version was found in some obscure folder I never use anyway. It is still mysterious to me where and how and why the mpeg file even came from and why the program won't save the MP4 where I tell it to save it, but now I have got my film WITH audio and am happy. Thank you!

P.S.: I use the Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 for Windows and I just followed all the steps in the tutorial: extract --> choose computer --> "choose" MP4 (i.e. leave only option offered) --> choose size --> choose place where to save it--> save. Done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines