• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Clips as Individual Files on Mac / Major Workflow Question

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm very new to this software and I'm banging my head against the wall.

I'm trying to basically make a "highlight reel" from a longer video. I've gone through the video and cut the exact clips I want to use in the main project, but how do I get those clips into a new project? (I think what I'm trying to do is be able to have them as project assets, but I'm not sure.) Or is this a redundant step in the process? Should I just delete all but what I want and then arrange them in whatever order I want by dragging and dropping?

Finally, should I be doing something else - besides cutting unique clips - like using a marker to create a scene? If so, I can go back and create scenes out the clips but I have no idea how to do that or if it makes sense to.

I'm aware of a way to export clips using the area bar but the keyboard shortcuts don't work on a Mac so this process is entirely too cumbersome. There's simply got to be a better way considering the number of people using Mac's with this software.

Thank you SO much ahead of time for your response.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2018 Sep 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make a copy of the the project with the longer file and the cuts and rename it to "Highlights" or whatever you wish.

Use this new project to create your highlight video.

The only way to use part of a project in another project in Premiere Elements is to export those parts of the project and import them into the other project.

Premiere Pro offers the ability to use assets from one project directly in another project without having to export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines