• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Slower on a More Powerful PC?

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I was hoping if someone (anyone) can help me with a problem that has recently come up when exporting a video.

I recently upgraded from a three year old laptop to a new desktop PC. Here are the specs:

Laptop - Intel i3-6100u 2.30 GHz 2 core, 4 thread with IntelĀ® HD Graphics 520, 8GB SODIMM DDR3 1600 MHz RAM, 1TB 5400 rpm HDD (no dedicated graphics)

Desktop - AMD Ryzen 5 2400g 3.6GHz, 4 core, 8 thread with Radeon RX Vega 11 Graphics, 16GB DDR4 3000 MHz ram, 1TB 7200 rpm HDD (no dedicated graphics)

I wanted to see how much faster it would be on my new desktop as one of the main reasons I upgraded was to increase the export speed. However, the new desktop is a lot slower than the old laptop.

The video length was 2:11 min and the size is 514 MB. Each computer has the most recent windows and premier versions and the export settings are exactly the same. There were no external programs running apart from task manager.

The laptop finishes after 02:05.06 minutes but the desktop finishes in 03:03.89 minutes, almost a minute slower!

I looked at task manager when these were rendering and the laptop was running at around 90% CPU usage, 5GB of ram usage and was also using 30% of the in built graphics. The desktop was also using around 90% CPU usage but was using 7GB of ram and wasn't using the graphics at all.

I was wondering if it could be a driver issue, or if there's a way to make use of the radeon graphics in the desktop computer or something entirely different?!? I'm completely stumped as to why the seemingly more powerful desktop is exporting far slower than the three year old laptop.

Any suggestions and help would be very grateful.

Many thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 16, 2019 Mar 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please confirm that the programs on each system are using the same project settings and that the Premiere Elements 2019 preferences are set identically (ie, on both the machines, hardware accelaration is uncheck).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are on the same project settings. I've never changed them. I also have Elements 2018 (which I forgot to mention, sorry). Does this change anything? I can't see anyway to change the hardware acceleration settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit > Preferences > General:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both my desktop and laptop have the hardware acceleration ticked. However, like I said, the Ryzen 2400G doesn't seem to use its GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you read closely it requires a Intel HD Graphics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have but one hdd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a 5400 RPM HDD in the laptop and a 7200 RPM HDD in the desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Ann implies, UNchecking the Hardware Acceleration option will often give you BETTER performance (ironically).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2019 Mar 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I unchecked the hardware acceleration but it still took 02:55 minutes to export, maybe 10 or so seconds faster but still a lot slower than the old laptop... Is there any way to use the graphics on the processor?

I also would have thought that despite the laptop processor using its internal graphics, the power of the CPU and its graphics shouldn't be quicker than the power of the Ryzen 5 2400G?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics card has no effect on rendering time in Premiere Elements. Its performance is virtually all processor based.

That said, I have no idea why you aren't experiencing significantly faster performance on your new computer, assuming all other factors are identical.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could it potentially be because its using an AMD processor and Adobe works better with Intel? If so that would be odd as Ryzen is meant to be good at productivity

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines