• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to Blue ray on premiere Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently downloaded the 2018 trial for prem elements 2018 and loaded a pre created Mp4 from imovies to see if I could export to DVD in blue ray format. The menu only allowed me to burn at 720 and stated that the 2018 version does not support export to DVD blue ray. is this correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.

Although you can create a Custom output to save your movie as a BluRay movie with no menus and you can burn that to a disc, the 2018 version includes no tools for creating BluRay discs with menus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So does Premiere elements 15 allow a burn to blue ray dvd?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stephenc2296131  wrote

So does Premiere elements 15 allow a burn to blue ray dvd?

Yes.  Premiere Elements 15 can burn Blu-Ray discs with a Blu-Ray burner.  It can also burn "AVCHD Disks" that are burned on DVD burners to DVD disks, limited to about 20 minutes and have to be played on Blu-Ray players.  Last but not least, it can burn fuzzy standard definition DVDs for DVD players.

I should probably add that I've had Blu-Ray burning work well with Premiere Elements.  However, there have been posts here where upgrades to Windows 10 and associated drivers have developed conflicts for a few.  I've never been sure if Windows 10 and the drivers that come with the Blu-Ray burners always mate well with Premiere Elements.  It could be that it works for most so is not reported here.  But, when it is, solutions have seemed challenging.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!  Looks like I need to buy the Elements 15 rather than the 2018 version they are trying to sell as an "upgraded" version that seems to have less functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 09, 2017 Oct 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stephenc2296131  wrote

they are trying to sell as an "upgraded" version that seems to have less functionality.

They are trying to sell as an "upgraded" version that seems to have different functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately you cannot buy previous versions (like PE 15). Adobe sells only the most current version (PE 2018). I have had a chat with the support, and they agreed with this fact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Steve+Grisetti  wrote

Yes.

Although you can create a Custom output to save your movie as a BluRay movie with no menus and you can burn that to a disc, the 2018 version includes no tools for creating BluRay discs with menus.

If you burn that to disk you will have a bd rom not a bd disk or avchd disk.

Imo its completely useless as the multiplexer is set to none which means two files. No way to turn that one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I reply respectfully to you removing Blue Ray burning from Premier Elements?
PE 15 has it, 18, 19 does not.
And you think this is a good idea???? Why burn DVDs? 

Earlier versions were terrible, crashed a lot, when it came to menus and burning. Adobe often instead of fixing something with the next release, it changes the menu/look/feel of the interface, so any learning curve on the user's part is  reset. A few features are added, often again faulty. 

But removing features, and so essential in the HD age???? 

I was with Adobe from the early days, and now I have to switch systems. 

BIG MISTAKE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"How can I reply respectfully to you removing Blue Ray burning from Premier Elements?"

We are not Adobe employees.  This is a user to user forum.

You can post your feature request here:

https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Ann. If you want to burn BluRays, you'll need to supplement the program with a third-party disc authoring tool like Magix DVD Architect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not happy the burn to Blu Ray disk option is gone.  What kind of users gave feedback that option should be removed?  Ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This all has to do with the dolby issue.

Adobe Creative Cloud apps use native OS support for Dolby

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been making Blu Ray disks with menus, using Premiere Elements, since 2010.  I need Adobe to think harder about fixing the issue rather than remove the feature. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mfowler80  wrote

I've been making Blu Ray disks with menus, using Premiere Elements, since 2010.  I need Adobe to think harder about fixing the issue rather than remove the feature. 

Stick with whatever version you have if Blu-Ray burning is essential.  The updates in Premiere Elements 2018 are incremental.  There is little, if any, change to the other important and fundamental tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Earlier versions of Premiere Elements are readily available on Amazon and eBay.

In addition, third-party programs like DVD Architect can take completed movies from Premiere Elements and burn them as DVDs, BluRays and AVCHD discs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are complete movies exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very disheartening.  I used to use Premiere Pro before the subscription version kicked in (I only do one or two movies / year, do a subscription is very expensive for what I neeed).  I was happy to find Premiere Elements and figured I give it a whirl.  I just spent weeks editing together a 1h30m 1080p video, expecting to be able to burn a BluRay disc.  No go.

Googled how to do it, and found the Adobe web page that explains you can't, but you can export a file in H.264 BluRay format.  Did that, but it doesn't create a BluRay image, just some files.  WT_?

Now I found my way to this forum, and I see you recommendation for DVD Architect, yet the reviews on the videohelp.com website for DVD Architect say that it loses sync between the audio and video about 25 minutes into the movie.

This is a show stopper.  I'm definitely going to ask for my money back, but in the meantime, I've got my family waiting on me producing these BDs.  They're coming over to my house in an hour.

Is there a different software package you can recommend?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also spent a lot of time—almost a week—trying to figure out how to do it. I’ve burned up about 20 BD’s without success. Wondershare DVC creator claims to burn BD’s from Windows machines, but not from MAC. Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate does not burn BD’s. I have an older Windows computer updated to Windows10. The BD burners are inexpensive, so I have ordered one. I created an MP4 file from Premiere 18, transferred it to the Windows computer, and I’ll see if it writes a BD with reasonable quality. This is insane. We created 1080p video, but Adobe won’t let us put it on a BD. Shame on you, Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get yourself a BD re-writeable, will save you on coasters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MPEGs or, in a pinch, MP4s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then everything get encoded twice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An AVC BluRay disc should not involve re-encoding of an MP4/AVC file.

But to be sure, you can also create a custom video output using the BluRay H.264 settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is just the problem with 2018 it does not produce a bd compatible file.

they are two separate files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2017 Nov 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very disappointing response from Adobe, not at all a customer satisfaction focus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines