• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting to Blue ray on premiere Elements 2018

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have recently downloaded the 2018 trial for prem elements 2018 and loaded a pre created Mp4 from imovies to see if I could export to DVD in blue ray format. The menu only allowed me to burn at 720 and stated that the 2018 version does not support export to DVD blue ray. is this correct?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a consistent Elements upgrader since version 3.0, so I looked at the comparison between Premiere Elements version 15 & 2018, saw no reference to removing BluRay authoring, upgraded to 2018, and a month into a large video project found out that I could not create a BD disc from PrE 2018 nor could I open that project in my restored PrE-15 which does have BD publishing.

Equally bad, after converting my Organizer 15 catalog to Organizer 2018 and removing the version 15 catalog, I found that, since version 15 could not open or convert my 2018 catalog, I had to create a de novo version 15 catalog, thus losing all the image recognition, albums, stacks and version sets, and hidden flags.

This is very poor customer service!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly my situation. Why in gods world would Adobe remove a feature in the HD age such as burning to Blue Ray, when it was already there in 15. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FWIW, my list of new features (posted to the FAQs on this forum) does indicate the BluRay authoring has been removed.

What's new in Premiere Elements 2018?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve: Thanks. Now I know that, after the fact. Adobe was not forthcoming! They should make us whole, those who have had to abandon Elements 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im of the same opinion. If i knew you could not put 2018 onto bluray i would never have purchased it, they should at it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are unsatisfied with the program, Adobe will often refund your money within 30 days (assuming you bought it from Adobe).

Contact Customer Care via chat.

customer care

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I bought PSE/PrE-2018 in early October and it took me until early December to get a 6-hour video ready for BD burning when I finally found that was no longer possible. By then Adobe told me that my 30 day return had lapsed (Catch-22?). It is taking me another 2 months just to go back and re-edit my home movies for BD on Elements-15. The blue-bird of happiness is nowhere to be found!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would it be possible to creat the image file on 2018 and just butrn that image file with PE 15? I am new to this, and purchased 2019 without knowing of this issue. I will try to create the file and burn with my old version( I believe PE 14).

Annoying...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2019 Jun 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have version 14 and want to make disks, it will probably be best to do the whole project in that version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very unsatisfied with Premiere Elements 2019.  I purchased it 2 days ago and was not happy to find that you could not author blu-rays and could not add menus.  Why go back in time to lower resolution?  I could care less about the automated creative side... I have to go back to my older version.  I have uninstalled the software already.  I tried to contact customer support, with the supplied link to get a refund, but it seems that you have to go through some kind of gateway, and it gets stuck on the first step ("One moment while we gather your account information").  Any direct way to get support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Contact Customer Care

chat or phone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was no help at all. I already used the forum. I need to communicate

with a Service Representative directly. There is no option on the Customer

Care page. How is that "Customer Care"? I am very disappointed with Adobe!

Mike Savides

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 03, 2019 Jan 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason why I didn't purchase Premiere Elements 2019 was because I learned it could not produce Blu-ray discs.  It seems to me Adobe keeps this fact hidden.  One discussion I saw speculated it's a licensing issue that's not going to change in the future.  Fortunately I never deleted my copy of Premiere elements 2015, which has Blu-ray capability.  So I use that version rather than my copy of Premiere Elements 2018.  I recommend you try finding an earlier copy of Premiere Elements (up to the 2017 edition I think) which did have Blu-ray capability, if you can find it.  I don't think you'll find it through Adobe though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is always the option of outputting your finished movie as a high-def MP4 and then using those files in a third-party disc authoring program, as I do.

There are a number of inexpensive DVD and BluRay authoring programs available. Though discontinued, DVD Architect Studio is a powerful and easy to use DVD and BluRay authoring program that's available as a $39 download from Amazon.

Here's a list of other options, including one that's absolutely free.

https://www.videohelp.com/software/sections/authoring-bd-hd-dvd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using DVD Architect for nearly 10 years and I have never experienced an out of sync issue! That's ridiculous! Although I suppose you could cause an out of sync issue by using a video with a variable frame rate rather than a BluRay-ready file. But that's not the program's fault!

If you want to see how simple and wonderfully DVD Architect works, check out my tutorials. I love this program and it's in fact my preferred way to author discs, even though I do all my editing in Premiere Elements.

Basic Training for DVD Architect, Part 1 - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the helpful tips, Steve.  I downloaded DVD Architect and successfully burned a BD of my 1h30m movie with no audio sync issues.  However, when I try to set up the properties of my new project, it doesn't allow me to select 1920x1080 progressive scan at 29.97 fps (the native resolution and frame rate of my source video).  I ended with some flickering in the BD video that is characteristic of the mis-match between source and final output frame rates.

In your YouTube tutorial, you mention "pretty much everything is 24 fps for DVD", or something to that effect.  That's true for cinema movies, but most modern HD progressive scan video (e.g. from DSLRs) is usually 30 (29.97) fps (or even faster these days).  With a max of 24 fps for progressive scan, and apparently no support for 4k video, DVD Architect appears to be too limited for what I want.  Any other recommendations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no reason to match the project settings in DVD Architect to your source video.

And I don't know why you are seeing flickering. It has nothing to do with a mismatch of source and final output frames.

I'm not sure what more I can advise you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2018 Jan 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no software on the market to make UHD (4K) disks. BD is the next best thing.

You should make disks that match the source. If your source is 60p then make the BD 29.97.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2018 Aug 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is pathetic that Adobe provides the means to burn a DVD which is technology from the dark ages, but has now removed the process to burn a Blu-ray disc directly from the program. Unexpected and very disappointing. Although my primary reason for getting Premiere Elements was to create a 1080p video of my photography and music to upload to YouTube which I did (at Down With Up - YouTube ) I also wanted the option to put it on Blu-ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2018 Nov 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sony DVD Architect ($39) or Vegas DVD Architect ($99)?

Would it recognize markers added in Premiere Elements And allow scene selection buttons?

I‘m new to Premiere Elements, and I really like the features and flow. I hope Adobe is listening to customers and adds blu-ray support back into the program.

I‘m starting to look at alternatives like Cyberlink PowerDirector.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rickt51422169  wrote

Sony DVD Architect ($39) or Vegas DVD Architect ($99)?

Would it recognize markers added in Premiere Elements

No, but it would be easy to add them in DVD Architect Studio.or DAD Architect.

And allow scene selection buttons?

Yes, you create them easily in DVDAS or DVDA.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Are Sony and VEGAS DVD Architect the same? One is $99 and the other is $39.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DVD Architect is to DVD Architect Studio as Photoshop is to Photoshop Elements, sort of.

Vegas purchased DVD Architect a while back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sort of the same.  Sony sold their video editing software line to Magix, a German company.  They've updated/upgrades the Vegas software versions.  "DVD Architect Studio" is now called "VEGAS DVD Architect" and is now sold at $99 stand alone.  Depending on bundling and promotions you might get it for less with other Vegas software. 

So, in other words, the $39 version is "old" Sony software that has not been updated for a few years.  It might be "old inventory" being sold out.  The $99 version is fresh and current.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines