• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Video

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 2019 and there seems to be an odd thing when I go to export the video. On the timeline it shows it has normal widescreen but when I go to export it puts a border on it like a letterbox filter. I've added the pic so you can see. Any chance anyone else has had this problem? Or knows what's causing it? Not sure if this is my computer it is about 3 years old now.Capture.JPG

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from Premiere Pro to Elements forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You timeline shows widescreen in a 4:3 setting (black bars top and assuming at the bottom).

Your project settings do not match the footage used.

Hence the black box on export.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any way to change the settings to keep it to just widescreen (black bars top and bottom)? I've googled it and it seems like no-one else is having this problem. All I want to do is stop the footage looking like it has a black border all the way round.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 02, 2019 Dec 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to start over with a widescreen project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Is there any way to change the settings to keep it to just widescreen"

I'm not sure what you want, but try changing the scale slider:  

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not the case. OP has a 4:3 project with widescreen footage and exporting to widescreen will give a socalled black box. But in fact it is a 4:3 frame (with black bars) in a 16:9 settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This is not the case. OP has a 4:3 project"  You are right, Ann.  The right way to fix it is to start over with the correct project settings.  But the OP wrote "just widescreen (black bars top and bottom)" might be acceptable.  That's confusing, so I threw out a possibility even though it is not one I would use.  

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you! This is exactly what I was after! not sure why my video was centralising the clip but none of the guides or tips showed me how to fix that problem. I'm only just starting my editing 'career' so I'm glad someone could show me where I was going wrong!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines