Highlighted

External monitor problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Elements 15 video-editing interface will not get big on my external monitor. When I try to enlarge the window, it jumps over to my laptop screen. (My monitor is a Dell U2515Hc, which is supposed to automatically arrange windows. I'm running Windows 10) Does anybody else have this problem, or know of a way to fix it?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

The program does have a tendency to maximize onto your #1 monitor. If you change your second monitor to your #1 monitor, the program will open and resize there.

That's really pretty much the only way I've found to do it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

External monitor problem

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Premiere Elements 15 video-editing interface will not get big on my external monitor. When I try to enlarge the window, it jumps over to my laptop screen. (My monitor is a Dell U2515Hc, which is supposed to automatically arrange windows. I'm running Windows 10) Does anybody else have this problem, or know of a way to fix it?

Adobe Community Professional
Correct answer by Steve Grisetti | Adobe Community Professional

The program does have a tendency to maximize onto your #1 monitor. If you change your second monitor to your #1 monitor, the program will open and resize there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 17, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2017 0
Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that seems to work! Thanks!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 17, 2017 0
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sucks. I shouldn't have to change my entire three monitor layout just to accommodate one program.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 07, 2018 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tjdurkin3  wrote

That sucks. I shouldn't have to change my entire three monitor layout just to accommodate one program.

No you shouldn't.  Perhaps Elements is aimed at amateurs that are not likely to have three screen editing work stations.  Premiere Pro may be more to your liking.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jun 08, 2018 0