• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely poor rendering quality with Premiere Elements 2019 compared to Premiere Elements 15

New Here ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm about to change from Premiere Elements 15 to Premiere Elements 2019.

My system:

Windows 10 Pro

XEON X5675

18 GB RAM

Samsung SSD 840 EVO 500GB

Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB

When I compare the rendering result under absolut same conditions (same project, same export options) I get much worse picture quality in the output with Premiere Elements 2019. It's simply not usable for my requirements.

My projects contain 4k material and HD material mainly .mp4 format. I export in HD and 4k UltraHD.

I tested and compared the results with the following options

Standard Fast export option

Standard HD 1080

Standard 4k UltraHD

I also imported my export options from Premiere Elements 15 and tested with

HD 60fps 80Mbit/s

4k 60fps 80 Mbit/s (max. 120Mbit/s)

All of these options give me a great result with Premiere Elements 15 and extremely poor quality with Premiere Elements 2019.

You even can see clearly the difference whe exporting screenshots. Just look at the logo on the left...

Same project. Same export option jpeg 4k 100% quality. Same positin in the video

Test PE 2019 3 50 4k.jpg

PE 2019

Test PE 15 3 50 4k.jpg

PE 15

Similar quality problem in video exports.

I could provide comparable sample video files if necessery.

Is there anything I miss? In case of a changed render engine. Is there a possibility to switch to the method Premiere Elements 15 used?

And there is a second problem: The Premiere Elements 2019 installation broke the ability to use .mov files which I had with Elements 15. Is there a chance to work with .mov files again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a hint to the problem.

PE 2019 seems to have a problem with the project settings.

PE 15 does render with the desired quality independently from the project settings.

If I start a new project in PE 2019 with 4k settings the rendering output is like it should.

So if there isn't a possibility to change the project settings in an existing project I loose all my work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say "render" do you mean rendering the timeline (which improves the look of the video in the Monitor panel) or do you mean actually outputting your movie?

Rendering your timeline is for your preview only. There are ways to improve it, but its purpose is only to make your movie play more smoothly. It has nothing to do with your final output.

If you're talking about your final output, if both version 15 and version 2019 are using the same source video and the same project settings and Export & Share options, the results should be identical.

So, before we dig deeper, let's make sure we're talking about the same type of "rendering".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for you answer.

I speak about the output rendering...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are both your Premiere Elements 15 and Premiere Elements 2019 projects using the same project settings (as listed under Edit/Project Settings/General)?

I assume you're using the same source video and the same output template.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything absolutely identical.

However. The project settings are incorrect which wasn't a problem in the past.

I use former video projects as template and just exchange files where I can (much faster workflow)

In PE15 this wasn't a problem. I could render in high resolutions anyway. In PE2019 the rendering quality seems to depend on the project settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by "The project settings are incorrect which wasn't a problem in the past."

But if your project settings, source video and export templates are not exactly the same with both versions of the program, you're not comparing apples to apples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I load the PE 15 project in PE 2019 so the settings are identical... Trust me. I checked everything I found...

As I didn't care about the project settings in PE15 (didn't have to...) it uses the default setting which is NTSC-AVCHD-Full HD 1080i 30

The project contains HD and UHD (4k) material so I assume the best setting would be the PAL QFHD 50... Right?

What I don't understand is that I get even much worse results than in PE15 with HD output. Even SD is horrible. I did a lot of tests with various render settings as I wrote in post #1. So I think there has to be another hidden problem.

If I start a new project with PAL QFHD 50 the results strangely seem to be better...

Can changes in terms of render engine cause this? I know there are some switches in files in the Appdata\PE-folder. Is there something like a compatibility mode which I could test somehow?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wouldn't recommend using a version 15 project in version 2019. It might work, but there may also be things that don't translate and that could affect your results. I am not aware that these two versions use different render engines.

That said, if your project settings are for HD and you're using 4K video, you're going to get greatly reduced quality video. It's the project settings, not the source video, that determine your resolution. Which is why you get better results when you start a new project set up for 4K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know that... But it didn't affect the output quality in PE15 as I wrote. And as you can see in the comparison pics.

And why do I get bad results no matter which output render settings i choose? There is something strange...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines