• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Extremely Slow Rendering Adobe Premiere Elements 2020

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely slow rendering for media files. Just trying to simply render video file after slowing it down 25%, file format is MP4, see attached picture for further file details. I highly doubt it is a hardware issue either (Asus ROG Zephyrus  GX701GXR.306).

Also further note I tried slowing down the video in Video Editor, (Microsoft preinstalled application) and it had no problem rendering and slowing down the 5 second clip almost instaniously. 

TOPICS
Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the codecs at work in that MP4 or what device recorded it? Not all MP4s are the same, of course.

When you first add the MP4 to your timeline, before you add effects or time stretch to it, does it have a "render" line over it? It should not, if the program has matched its settings to the file's specs.

And how long is this MP4? Your illustration shows it being rather short. But does it really have 240 frames per second!

RenderLine.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the Reply, yes it does show the render line prior to preforming any type of time stretch to it. I shot the footage on a GoPro which was recored at 240 frames per second, and yes the footage was only about 5 seconds long to begin with, was testing it out to see if I could edit in the program easily. ( 1080 HEVC)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"240 frames per second, and ...1080 HEVC"

You are at the far end of video editing "heavy lifting".   Nothing current from consumer cameras will take more processing power than that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2020 Apr 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not very versed with this subject, but that is what the GoPro is automatically set to for filiming at those speeds and resolutions, and can only record in HEVC when at those settings. I am prefectly able to edit the video in Microsoft Video Editor with no hesitation from the computer what so ever, the PC I am using to edit with is no slouch either, more than capiable of doing the job.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're just not going to be able to edit video with a frame rate higher than 60 fps in Premiere Elements with any degree of effectiveness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a sound answer to me, figured that it would be something along those lines, kind of sad that Microsoft Video Editor can handle it and not the $100.00 program, would I have better results seeking a refund and subscribing to Premire Pro?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"would I have better results seeking a refund and subscribing to Premiere Pro?"

It is a far more complex and feature rich editing program.  The odds are high that you won't be limited by frame rate.   Be sure to take advantage of the Premiere Pro trial.  My understanding is that it is an annual contract at the single app rate of $20 per month.   

Would you please consider providing one of your 240 FPS GoPro clips for me to try?  I have both the Elements and Pro programs on my laptop.   DropBox maybe?  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a copy of the footage if anyone wants to see if they are experiancing the same issue, or try it in Pro version: https://documentcloud.adobe.com/link/track?uri=urn%3Aaaid%3Ascds%3AUS%3A991062ce-4e3d-4efb-bf6a-e707... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I installed the Pro version as a trial, and this was the result (https://youtu.be/hsxKtiSQRIU), had no issues what so ever. Working with customer support to see still if they can resolve the issues with the elements version, I am definatly not a Pro user at my current experiance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The clip has an odd framerate: 239.760 which might make editing difficult as the same goes for H.265.

Any particular reason you want 240 frames?

In Premiere Pro handles the file just fine.

Cannot test Elements as i refuse to installl the H.265 codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for sending me the file Bilge Snipe.  (You in the Coast Guard?).  The ceiling file clip is not nearly as interesting as the water squirting on the wheel clip!

I do have the HEVC codec installed for Premiere Elements.  The file loaded and, at first, a preview played.  As soon as I tried "Time Stretch" it all came to a halt.  

Premiere Pro worked fine doing the same thing.  

"I am definatly not a Pro user at my current experiance...."  As a fresh learner to Pro, I can say if you stick to the basics and use the basic tutorials provided, you won't have a problem.  If the rental cost structure doesn't bother you, use Premiere Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes for a little over 10 years now, was looking to dabble a little more into some video edditing, I am definatly willing to give it a go, I have used pro years ago, just have to pick up on all the changes to the UI. I will see what customer support has to say about the elements version and post any results here for everyone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines