• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Eyedropper not working in three-way color corrector Premiere Elements

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

am I doing something wrong or is the eyedropper broken inside the three-way color corrector effect?

I'm on a Mac (Mojave - 10.14.6) and Premiere Elements 2019

I have footage shot on two different Nikon cameras and having a bit of a challenge to match the colors on both of them; the exposure parameters were matched on both while shooting, but upon reviewing them in post, I can see the colors being off 😕

couldn't fix it with the basic tools in 'fix' tab, so turned to effects; the three-way color corrector looks promising; I do have a bit of white space in the frame (i.e. parts of the frame that should be white) that shows as part of midtones in the tool (that's fine - it's part of the background and/so shouldn't be the brightest part of the frame); 

so I thought if I match that white part to actually be white on both pieces of footage, then the rest should be fine/better/improved too;

and I thought a good shortcut should be to use the eyedropper to indicate which part of the image I want to be white; well - when I click the eyedropper icon it all turns blue (as if active?) but as soon as I move the coursor outside of that small selection box, the coursor changes back to an arrow and the selection box turns back to gray; I can't point to anything, much less solve any of my issues 😕

the user manual just says "Use the different Eyedropper tools to sample a target color in the image..."

so as per above: am I doing it wrong or is the program misbehaving for me?

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?