Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Fear of PREL 2019 corruption after changing the project location Windows 10

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, my first post here.

I am running PREL 2019 on Windows 10, hardware is a Dell XPS 15. The laptop is NEVER under resource starvation since I keep monitoring CPU, RAM and everything else.

I'm in the middle of a long project that I started when I was keeping all of the base footage and the PREL directory on an external HDD. After reorganizing all my data structure, I moved everything on the internal SSD and of course initially I was prompted by many "where is this clip.mp4" bla bla. So far so good.

After everything was sorted and I resumed editing, I started noticing a few weird things on a recurring basis:

- A LOT of clips "lost" the applied effects tab content, even the default Motion & Opacity. Only dragging them back from the Assets was able to fix it, but of course I lose my trims. Not ideal.

- more random PREL crashes than before. not sure if it's related but over 6 months, I had the software crashing maybe 3 times and lately it's been at least 4 in less than a month. I don't have any logs to estabilish correlation though.

- PREL files timestamp on disk don't get updated when I save the project. It doesn't matter how many time I save, but they just stick around to an older timestamp. I verified that if I save the project with another name, it does the trick but only once, because every save I do afterwards, it doesn't get committed on the file timestamp. Basically the only way to be 100% sure that I saved everything before closing the software is to save the project with another name everytime. NOT IDEAL.

1) Is there a way I can run a "sanity" check on the PREL installation?

2) Is there a way I can run a "sanity" check on the project without losing data?

Thanks 

Rob

Title edited by Mod

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2019 Dec 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

This needs attention. I can see that you're getting multiple issues while using Premiere Elements 2019.

• Could you share more details about your computer(RAM, GPU, CPU)?
  • Have you observed the similar behaviour with multiple projects?
  • Do you get any error when the application crashes?

Let us know.

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2019 Dec 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Shivangi,

thanks for the reply.

My computer is a Dell XPS 15 with an i7 7590 12-core CPU, 16 GB of RAM and 0.5 Tb of SSD. Generally speaking performances are good and smooth.

I don't have any other projects that have been migrated in terms of location to compare to sadly.

I will be glad to share any relevant information about crashes/dumps but I don't know if the software generates them and where to find them.

For reference one of the reproducible crashes it's described here.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/adobe-premier-elements-freezes-and-then-says-not-re...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well can't really say that this issue got ANY attention at all.

disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines