• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File format

New Here ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Premire Elements 14, and I'm considering purchasing a new camcorder that outputs in XAVC S 4K.  I don't see that file format in the list that Premire Elements supports.  Does the new 2020 version support that file format?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

"Sony HXR-NX80".  There should be no problem.   

I suggest you not spend money on software until you buy the camera and try it.  New versions of Premiere Elements always have free trials and money back guarantees of a few weeks if you purchase direct from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Elements has supported editing XAVC 3840x2160 for several generations. Although support the H.265 compression is only in the 2020 version of the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the replies.  Maybe I'm confusing the details, but one person says Premire Elemente 14 doesn't support XAVC and I'll need Premire Pro, whhile another person says PE14 does support XAVC - but that person says it doesn't support H.265 compression.  I'm outputing from PE14 in H.264 (MP4) format today.  I'm still confused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Steve is the expert.  Take his answer as correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open one of your XAVC videos in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo set View to Text and then copy the report and paste it to this forum.

We'll see if there's something non-standard about those XAVC files. But the program has been able to import, edit and export XAVC since at least version 10.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I'm still confused."

What is the camera?  I want to look up the specifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The camera I'm considering purchasing is a Sony HXR-NX80.  Since I haven't purchased the camera yet, I can't check the file it produces with 'Mediainfo' as one suggested.  It sounds like either Premire Elements (14 or 2020) or Premire Pro will be able to edit the file, so I'll keep this camera on my wish-list for a near future purchase - along with a possible upgrade to my Premire Elements 14.  Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sony HXR-NX80".  There should be no problem.   

I suggest you not spend money on software until you buy the camera and try it.  New versions of Premiere Elements always have free trials and money back guarantees of a few weeks if you purchase direct from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I dont think Elements 14 can handle this camera.

Premiere Pro will be more suited looking at all the features the camera has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines