• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FILE IMPORT FAILURE: This type of file is not supported or the required codec is not installed

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Adobe Gurus,

I recently installed Adobe Premier Elements on my new computer (Windows 10), having used it on my previous one. While the license allows me to have the software downloaded on two computers simultaneously, for some reason I am unable to open my projects on my new computer, receiving the notice that the file is not supported or the required codec is not installed.

I need to get this up and running asap for work so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Gemma

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What steps are you taking to open a project?

A project is opened by using File/New Project.

Media is added to a projecting using Add Media/From Files and Folders. You do not open a .prel project file using Add Media.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

This issue is seen if you drag and drop a .prel project file to Adobe Premiere Elements.

As mentioned by Steve Grisetti , Goto File/New Project to open a new project or File/Open Project to open an existing .prel project.

Thanks

Prakash   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines