Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File organizing - temporary files

Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello:

I like organizing my projects on the computer to make sure that I have enough space. I am trying to understand what to do with the files auto-generated by Adobe Premiere Elements in folder named "18.0". Here are the names of the auto-generated folders:

• Adobe Premiere Elements Audio Previews
  • Adobe Premiere Elements Auto-Save
  • Adobe Premiere Elements Captured Audio
  • Adobe Premiere Elements Captured Video
  • Adobe Premiere Elements Video Previews
  • Encoded Files
  • Layouts
  • Styles
  • VCAssets

Is it save to delete these files as they are temporary? Or I need to keep them indefinitely?

Thank you!

TOPICS
Tips and tricks , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

You can delete them if you want to. Worst that can happen is you'll have to re-render your timeline.

Although if your hard drive is small enough that deleting these will clear off significant space, it might be worth getting a much larger hard drive. Video files edit best when you've got a lot of breathing room. I've got a 1 TB drive and I would never work with less than 80-100 gigs of free space.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete them if you want to. Worst that can happen is you'll have to re-render your timeline.

Although if your hard drive is small enough that deleting these will clear off significant space, it might be worth getting a much larger hard drive. Video files edit best when you've got a lot of breathing room. I've got a 1 TB drive and I would never work with less than 80-100 gigs of free space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Steve! Since you mentioned the storage issue, are you talking about an external hard drive? Can I work on the project with files stored on an external hard drive? I thought that the performace would not be the best when I work with an external drive.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines