• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File too large for destination file system Elements 14

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Premiere Elements 14.0.  I created a movie (MPG) and saved it to my hard drive.  It is 11GB in size and runs well.  I copied it and tried to paste it on a 32GB flash drive (USB3.0) and received the error message that the file is too large for the destination file system.  I do not understand how/why this is happening.  I want the movie on the flash drive so it can run on my electronic picture frame.  Any help would be appreciated.  I have no problems pasting it on my 800 GB external drive (550 GB free).  The flash drive checks out OK and allows me to paste pictures on it but I only tried a 2GB paste. 

Thanks in advance for assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Individual files on a FAT32 drive can’t be over 4 GB in size—that’s the maximum.  You can reformat the "flash drive" to hold larger files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 25, 2018 Apr 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Individual files on a FAT32 drive can’t be over 4 GB in size—that’s the maximum.  You can reformat the "flash drive" to hold larger files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was it!!!  Thanks for helping out a dummy.  I formatted the drive to NTFS, loaded the file, and watched it on my TV.  Apparently my electronic picture frame does not support this video format.  Thanks again. RW

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wonderful!  Thanks for letting me know it worked!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, glad to see that your problem has been solve. Here what I just want add is that it is available to convert FAT32 to NTFS without formatting

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines