Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files Input to Project With Audio as 5.1

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Community,

I am new to Premiere Elements, having only used iMovie in the past.  I am working on a project with 5 movie tracks, and when I import the last 2 files, the audio track has a 5.1 noted in the numbered audio track section and I cannot see any audio waveforms to work with to help line up and balance.

I created a new project and re-imported the files, thinking I may have inadvertantly changed some global setting, but the same 2 files show the 5.1 notation on the audio track while the other 3 files and music background show up as before with their waveforms.

I am at a loss for what is happening and would greatly appreciate some wisdom from those of you with more experience!!!

Thanks in advance,

Ed

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your 5.1 Audio is probably coming from a AVCHD camera that uses AC-3 Dolby Audio to record five tracks.   You can see the wave forms if you grab the line in the red circle with your mouse and move it up.  

Alternately you can force a new project to be a two channel video and only the two primary tracks will be kept.  I've not checked for awhile but I don't think you can export 5.1.  The output will only have the two primary tracks.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines