• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Files not supported message

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created several projects in Premiere Elements 11 using Gopro footage. After publishing projects to my desktop I was able to open and view all projects. I then moved the published version, the PREL version and all asset clips and photos to a folder on my external hard drive to avoid loading up the hard drive on my laptop. Now when I go into the ext. HD and try to view the published version I get a message indicating the file type is not supported. And when I attempt to open the PREL version I gets messages asking where are certain clips, photos and/or rendered versions of the project. Can anyone steer me in a direction that will shed some light on why this is happening and hopefully provide tips on how to correct it. Thanks in advance for any help given.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Video editors, including Premiere Elements do not "contain" the imported video.  They only create references to the video files.  If the files or project is moved the reference links are broken. 

Here is a video explaining how to re-link the files.  Premiere Elements: Relinking missing media | lynda.com - YouTube

In the future, consider using the Archive functions in the File menu.  It will move your project and copies of the source clips to a storage destination.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines