Highlighted

Film going fuzzy and jumpy.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put a clip in a longer film, and when I place the clip its fine, but as soon as it renders it goes jumpy and a bit fuzzy/blurry. I wondered if it was due to most of the other clips being 24fps and this one was 25fps, so I changed it but it hasn't made much difference. I don't know what to do next?

Thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Film going fuzzy and jumpy.

New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to put a clip in a longer film, and when I place the clip its fine, but as soon as it renders it goes jumpy and a bit fuzzy/blurry. I wondered if it was due to most of the other clips being 24fps and this one was 25fps, so I changed it but it hasn't made much difference. I don't know what to do next?

Thanks..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Aug 26, 2017 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of the program are you using on what operating system?

What processor do you have with how much RAM?

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what is the video's format and resolution?

What are your Project Settings (as on the General page under Project Settings under the Edit menu)?

When you first add a clip to a new project, do you see a yellow orange "render?" line above the clip? This is an indication that your project settings do not match your video clip, which will result in poor performance and rendering.

RenderLine.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Steve, thanks for your reply.

I'm using Premiere Elements 13 on Windows 10

The Processor is: Intel Core i5-6400 CPU @2.70GHz 2.71 GHz

The RAM is 12 GB

I didn't record the footage, it has been sent to me and I don't know which camera was used.

The video format is .mov

Frame with and height: 2704/1520

There was an orange render line, but that seems to appear most of the time when I add a new clip to a timeline before rendering and going green.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2017 0
Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a very non-standard video size, Nathan. Most likely a lot of things in the video are non-standard.

Open the video in the free download MediaInfo. In MediaInfo, set the View to Tree and copy and paste the information it reports to this forum.

Once I know what the files is made up of, I'll be able to advise you how you can make the file editable.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the info:

snip 1.JPGSnip 2.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2017 0
Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The good news is that it's mainly the frame size that's an issue.

Try converting the video to a 1920x1080 video using the free download Handbrake. That should produce an editable video.

I show you how to use Handbrake in my tutorial on YouTube.

Handbrake - YouTube

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've followed your instructions, but unfortunately its still doing the same thing once I render it? It does a small jolt every 4/5 seconds and the fuzziness is a little like static (like on an old T.V.) behind the picture.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2017 0
Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're saying that you converted your video to a 1920x1080 MP4 with 30 fps constant frame rate and this converted video will not edit in a new Premiere Elements project?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I converted it to 1920x1080 MP4, but to 24fps so that it will work with the other clips in my timeline. I did test it with 30fps too, but that didn't help.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2017 0
Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And you tried it in a brand new project so that this new clip was the only one on the timeline?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 27, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried the newly converted clip in a new project, but it still doesn't work.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2017 0
Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know what to recommend. If you followed my instructions, I know of no reason the file will not edit.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2017 0
Aug 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does also it do that when exported?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 28, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it does it when it exports too. Although its not as bad.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its strange isn't it.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 29, 2017 0