• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Final video aspect ratio different from preview??

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize if I explain this all wrong - not really all that experienced with video editing! Here it goes:

So I'm creating a video slideshow using mixed media from over a decade, so they are all different resolutions. The project itself is 640x480 because the main video I'm using is that frame size (although some of the other pictures and videos are different). So I'm creating the slideshow using the preview screen, and everything is fitting within the frame size for the project, even when I preview it at full size.

But when I then export the video, it isn't only in 640x480. There are videos and pictures that are wider, even though during the preview they were contained within the frame. The final video starts off in 640x480, and then one picture or clip will suddenly be wider than the frame, then back to the original size - it makes for a very janky viewing experience!

Again, I apologize if I didn't explain it correctly. To sum it up, the final video looks different from the preview, and is sometimes larger than the preview frame size. Please help, this is an anniversary present for this week!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 17, 2017 Oct 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of the program are you using on what operating system?

If you go to the program's Edit menu and select Project Settings, what is listed on the General page?

What Export & Share preset are you using to output your movie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Premiere Elements 14 on Windows 10.

The project settings are 640x480, which I'm guessing is the screen size of the original video I imported.

I have tried to export and share using all the formats that are listed, just to experiment, and it happened in all of them.

Basically the issue is that one of the clips I'm working with is a little off center, and so I moved the clip to the right so the subject was more centered. And the right side of the clip goes out of the preview screen and I can't see it any longer. And according to what i see on the preview screen, it looks fine: the subject is centered, and the screen size is still 640x480.

But when I export, the video looks different from the preview. The entire clip is shifted to the right, completely off center. It shows the right side that had been hidden off of the preview screen. For some reason I thought what would be exported to video would be the same as what I viewed on the preview screen??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried resizing the photos to 640x480?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines