• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Final video has borders all around it

Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a video that is 720x460, so in creating the project I made it the same size.  I loaded the media file, edited it, and exported the file.  The resulting file is 720x460, but instead of full screen, the resulting video is about half the size, with black borders all the way around.

Why is this happening, and how can I prevent it from shrinking the size of the display?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are you playing the final video with?  Is it expecting 1920x1080 for the default screen size? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. It seems to do that when I try saving it as an mp4, but it doesn't do it when I save it as NTSC or PAL DVD format; which would be fine, except that only goes up to 480p and my video is larger. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2020 Jul 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the resolution of your original video?

If you look under the Edit menu in Premiere Elements, what is listed on the General page under Project Settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, very good point. I didn't know that might be an issue. It says 720 horizontal, by 576 vertical. I've tried changing it, but I can't. Do I have to start a new project but put a 720p video in as my first one? I'm making a compilation of many videos of several different original resolutions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2020 Jul 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marrick,

You've tagged on to a post that is two years old and didn't put in mutch detail.   There are two ways to set up a project.  First is to drag a primary clip to the timeline for automatic settings.  The other way is manually when you open a project, pick from a list and check the Forced Settings box.   Either way you might want to match your "primary" video file(s).  You will then have to fit (using scale controls) the clips of different resolutions into your selected frame resolution.  At output, you will probably need to match the project settings.  

Before you get to deep into it, do some short test projects with just a few test clips.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines