• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finalize a DVD

Participant ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to burn a disc that will play in my Sony DVD player and it will not read the disc. I have burned numerous disc in the past and have used all of the same file formats and type of disc. I am using a Verbatim -R disc, I have mp3, jpg, png, mov files on my project  I am using PE 12  The disc will play back on my computer but not my DVD player  I using Windows 10 and a HP computer with an external burner GP 70N  The only thing I can read it that perhaps the disc is not finalized but then I read that with Adobe I don't need to finalize. Any suggestions?

As a side note I did get one disc to burn and play back but cannot seem to duplicate that process. What is it doing differently the only thing I can think of I may have 

TOPICS
Error or problem , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't this a follow on to the same question you just asked yesterday?

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-elements/burned-dvd-won-t-play-back/td-p/11066083?page=1

Please don't post the same question several times. It makes it very heard for us to follow the conversation.

And, yes, Premiere Elements finalizes your disc when it creates it. Assuming you used the program's Disc Export & Share function and didn't burn an MP4 or some other format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Steve, I was used to getting a response and yes this is the same problem as I posted yesterday. I usually get a response in my e-mail box but when I didn't I reposted with a different question. I didn't see your response until I went in right now. I was ready to post a question "is there anyone out there?! Sorry if I am rambling.

Here is where I am at with my trouble shooting, I am using a HP computer with an external drive. HP Envy with gp70N burner and Windows 10 Pro. I have done several projects with my previous computer which was a Dell with an internal burner. I had been able to complete those projects and burn them to a disc that would read in my Sony DVD player. My Dell was old and running out of capacity so I purchased this new laptop. It is an HP Envy Intel Core RM i7 with 16 GB of Ram and 622 GB of free space.

I can burn to completion with the external burner but it will only play on my computer and not on my Sony DVD player. I am using a Verbatim  -R disc. My Sony player plays other DVDs just fine and I have burned several projects using the same format NTSC and have had no problems so I don't think it is my Sony Player. My files are Mp3, jpegs, png and mov that I am using  I am using a menu program from Adobe  The only file I may not have used before was the png file, could that be an issue??

I just tried last night to burn to a folder thinking that I might use another 3rd party burner other than Adobe and when I did that it went to almost completion and then in the burn phase it stalled at 70% and got a transcoding error. That makes no sense to me as when I go to burn to a DVD it will burn to completion. But then I am not the expert here.

In my frustration and what I thought was no response in this forum (which I apologize for) I reached out to Adobe support and they wanted me to download some files and reinstall the program which I hesitated to do with a brand new computer. I do have the original disc so I could do a download that way but didn't know if that was a solution or if I should do an uninstall first.

I have even tried to bring up the project with my old computer and was able to do that but all of the menus items are not there and I have 19 menu markers and would need to install them on my old Dell but then I could try to burn with that computer. Although it is slow and wonky.

I have searched the forum and Google my problem without avail. So am trying to provide you with what I have done to see if you have any suggestions for me?  The forum and you have always been more than helpful in the past so when I didn't here back I didn't know where to turn and perhaps became frustrated. Thank you for all of your  responses and help in the past and now that I know you are reading my questions I will wait for your reply. Thank you ahead of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines