• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FINDING FILES ON PREMIERE ELEMENTS 10

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2018 Mar 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot get Premiere to ask "Where is the File .....(whatever)? on one of my iMacs but can on the other when I attempt to open an existing project. Therefore I do not know which file I need to locate. I have reinstalled Premiere but no joy so far!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you trying to find project files or source media files? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to find mov files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the MOV files are from your camera, they are where you put them when you copied them to your computer.  You find them by using "Add Media".  You can also use Finder or Explorer to search. 

If the MOV files were used in a project and "lost" it is because they were moved in software other than Premiere Elements.  There is a procedure in Premiere Elements to help locate them, but can be a bit frustrating.

If the MOV files are an output from Export and Save, they will be where you specified.  Premiere Elements remembers from the last time so start a new save and check the default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sometimes I use a lot of different files in my work on a single project.

When I try to open the project a window comes up but doesn't prompt me by asking where is the file (whichever one it asks for)? so I cannot find the specific file from my external drives to start the uploading of all the files in a project and that is my problem.

My other iMac allows me to do this. I have re-instaled Premiere 10 but the same issue occurs.

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stepheng2721021  wrote

Therefore I do not know which file I need to locate.

It should show in your timeline what file is missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes I use a lot of different files in my work on a single project.

When I try to open the project a window comes up but doesn't prompt me by asking where is the file (whichever one it asks for)? so I cannot find the specific file from my external drives to start the uploading of all the files in a project and that is my problem.

My other iMac allows me to do this. I have re-instaled Premiere 10 but the same issue occurs.

Thanks

Steve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines