• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Finished Video Not Working

New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had been using the program just fine, with my movies rendering and saving just fine, but all of the sudden, when the process was done and I tried to open the completed movie, it wouldn't play.  I noticed the finished product only had about 28 bytes of data in it.  I tested it many times with different content to see what I could figure out, but was never really successful.  For really short movies, it seems to come out ok, but anything in the longer range, which is what I mostly do, seems to have the problem I mentioned.  What is strange is that when the processing is going on, I can see the audio and video components being saved in the folder, and they both have the GB of data you would expect of each, but once the processing is finished, it goes down to just the 28 byes and will not play.

I have done a reset of my PC as well as redownloaded and reinstalled the software.

I'll post some stats here just in case it will help:

I am using Premiere Elements 15

I do a lot of 1080 and 4k videos.

Windows 10

i7 @ 4 GHz

16 GB RAM

GTX 1080

MSI board

Thanks for any help that can be given!  I am totally out of ideas!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you are trying to play the .prel file. This is a project file, not a video file.

To create a playable video,  you need to output a video of your final video. In Premiere Elements 15, go to Export & Share/Devices/Computer and select the 1920x1080 resolution. Set Format to MP4. The program will output a playable MP4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's definitely the MP4.  I'll include a screenshot below to show what I mean.  Up until this point the videos had been coming out just fine, and then they seem to process, finish, and then lose all the data after it completes the output.

example.png

This second picture below shows yet another test I'm currently doing.  Like I said, the data appears to be outputting just fine, but the end product ends up like the above screenshot shows, with only 28 bytes of data leftover and no finished video to play.

example 2.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have enough free space on the hard drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, plenty of space, and I even cleared up more just in case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What program are you using to play it?

Windows Media Player is kind of crappy.

I'd very much recommend the free VLC Media Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried Windows Media Player, VLC, and that standard one for windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 17, 2017 Mar 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure what's going wrong, Neo, but MP4s produced by Premiere Elements definitely do work. I don't know what to recommend to you.

Although 28 bytes of data isn't even a text document, so you've definitely got something going wrong somewhere.

Can you take us step by step through the process you're using to create this MP4?

Can you post a screen capture of your timeline so we can see how things are set up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines