• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

First-time user - trouble getting project to show up in the preview screen

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been a Photoshop elements user for a few years and in December, I purchased premier elements as well.

I tried dabbling with the Premiere during the Christmas break but wasn't having any luck, so gave up. Tried again recently, even watched some YouTube videos and I realized the problem is that I can't even preview the project.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the program and I'm still having the same issue.

Furthermore, along with the Elements 2021, I ended up with Creative Cloud. I don't know what it is, why I have it, or if I need it, but it spins and spins and never opens so it's useless anyway. Not sure if the two issues are tied together.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is what you're talking about but after you've finished
editing your video you can slide it back to the beginning to preview it. If
you click on the screen icon below it will go to full screen. You can edit
it from here as well you just have to return to the smaller screen.
I hope that helps and makes sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what happens every time...

I open Premiere Elements, open a new project,  choose a few video files to add. I can see the files in the bottom, but there is nothing in the preview box and therefore I can't play or edit the project.

Then, when I try to close the program, it spins and spins until I finally have to shut down my computer to turn off the bloody program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is hard to help with so little information.   What version of Photoshop Elements and Premier Elements do you have?   How did you buy it?  Download or disk?  What computer do you have?  How much RAM and how much disk space?  Have you established an Adobe account to register your Elements products.    

I'm fishing for clues!   This is routine software and most common is routine installations!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021, download for PC; yes, I have an Adobe account. RAM? I don't know but enough.

Here's what happens every time...

I open Premiere Elements, open a new project,  choose a few video files to add. I can see the files in the bottom, but there is nothing in the preview box and therefore I can't play or edit the project.

Then, when I try to close the program, it spins and spins until I finally have to shut down my computer to turn off the bloody program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>RAM? I don't know but enough.

Sorry... for anyone to help you have to provide details

You say PC, so I presume you mean windows, what is the exact version of the operating system
Premiere Elements version
CPU brand and model and clock speed
Video adapter brand and model and driver version and amount of video ram
Number and size and type of hard drives
What kind of video are you editing?
-hint 4k video on an underpowered computer will not play well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10

16GB RAM; in use: 5.3GB; available: 10.2GB

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2500U; speed: ~1.54-2.2GHz

I have no idea the answer to other questions.

This shouldn't be so difficult. I just want to use Premiere Elements to create simple videos that I've taken with my phone.

I can add the videos to the window, but can't see them in the preview box to play or edit them.

Then, when I try to close the program, it spins and spins and doesn't close. Clearly something is wrong with the program, not my computer as I've used Photoshop Elements and another video editing program.

Is there Adobe support I can contact??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Is there Adobe support I can contact??"

Yes there is.  Through a chat system they can remotely troubleshoot your system.   One way to initiate the online chat is through the Help menu where you select Online Support.   That will take you to a website.  Look for this icon in the lower right corner and click on the icon below. 

In the mean time, can you post a screen shot of where you get stuck?  Which phone are you using?  And what are the record settings on the phone?

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines