Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Footage looks bad after import - highlights are blown out. PE12

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I import footage into the Organizer or into Premiere Elements 12 Expert edit, it comes in with all the highlights blown out to the point where it's almost unusable! Can anyone help me out here?  The footage looks fine in Lightroom and when viewed directly from the USB drive it's stored on but when I import it, Premiere is doing something to it that ruins it!!

I'm using a PC with Windows 10, 64 bit.  The raw footage is .mp4 shot at 30fps.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you add your first clip to your timeline in Expert view, do you see a yellow-orange "render" line above the clip on your timeline?

RenderLine.jpg

If you don't see this line, then the project settings match your video specs and you are seeing a video that has no changes made to it by Premiere Elements. The blow-outs could be related to your monitor settings -- or Premiere Elements preview. Right-click on the Premiere Elements Monitor panel and set the view to highest quality.

But until you add effects to your video, Premiere Elements is not changing it in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines