• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

frame by frame preview in timeline

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the previous version of elements I was using you were able to see the video you were editing frame by frame in the timeline. In elements 15 the video in the timeline is a solid blue rectangle. (Expert view). How do I see a frame by frame depiction of the video being edited in the timeline? Getting rid the of the frame by frame view can't be an enhancement. What am I doing wrong?

TIA.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Try right-clicking on on the timeline's video track header and selecting the Display Style.

This is a feature that's a little different in each version of the program, but this should work in versions 15 and 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on the filmstrip icon on the track header (to the left of the timeline) to toggle through the various track views.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Next to the filmstrip icon is an arrow icon shown by a circle.  Clicking on it changes the view.  Also, you can hold and drag the bar with the arrow to make the view of the video timeline larger.  And, you can advance frame by frame with the right arrow key.

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you both for your answers. I see how the toggle works now.

However, In the screen shot above only the beginning and end of each clip is previewed in the timeline. Is there a way for each frame to preview? I imported a video I was working on before I upgraded to PE15 - it's a series of maybe 100 clips that was rendered as a single mp4. It seems that to edit it further I need to cut it every couple of seconds to see the entire thing frame by frame. Is it the case that only the beginning and end of a particular clip in the time line is previewed?

Thanks.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" it's a series of maybe 100 clips that was rendered as a single mp4. It seems that to edit it further I need to cut it every couple of seconds to see the entire thing frame by frame."

I'm failing to understand what you want to see.  As you move, frame by frame, through the video with the arrow keys, each frame displays in the preview monitor. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things.

First, when I hit the toggle button next to the film strip icon all that happens is that the blue rectangle in the video 1 line gets taller. Second, when I hit the "Go to next keyframe" arrow by the film strip nothing happens.

What I am hoping to see is a frame by frame preview in the video 1 line. In the photo above for example only the beginning and end of the white dog mash #1 clip is visible, with a bunch of blue in the middle. In the old version each and every frame was visible in the video 1 line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried my suggestion, flergen? It sounds like it's exactly what you're looking for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2017 Oct 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try right-clicking on on the timeline's video track header and selecting the Display Style.

This is a feature that's a little different in each version of the program, but this should work in versions 15 and 2018.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That got it: right click display style, choose all thumbnails. Thanks very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks - that helped me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2017 Oct 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please mark this question as correctly answered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines